GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys,

Ok gone about as far as I can with my car now until I a few parts I ordered from nissan arrive but here are a few new pictures.

All in now just waiting until the covers are painted and the new belts arrive so I can see if it still works :)

I think thats where the grille goes !!!! :cool:

just hope my parts come SOON as I want to get it finnished and all cleaned up :)

Seeya

Richard

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi DCD,

I got the file name wrong on the last pic which I`v now corrected but it doesn`t always load up on mine I just put it down to a old version of explorer and i think if you refresh the screen they will come up !!

Seeya

Richard

·
Registered
997 Posts
The cam pulleys +WHEELS

Hi,
I think it looks OK without the cover plate and you don`t have to have it on..........
Are you getting New wheels?or maybe spraying the old ones with some of that fab paint?

Looks brilliant!

Henry.:smokin:

ps Are you able to make it to Dyno Day?I`ll bring my camera if you are.:D

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
HI Henry,

The wheels will stay standard until I can afford some new ones. I don`t think I`ll paint them the same colour as the car as it would look too much!! I`m going to re-fit the pully cover but it will be the same colour as the car so should look ok too. And yes I will be at the dyno day so you can take some pics :)

Hope the rest of the parts come this week or else I`ll not be happy as they have been on order for 3 weeks !!

Seeya

Richard

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
rear lights

Hello Richard

Car looks stunning!Well done.U are going to have us queing up for re-spays!:)
I noticed on the 2nd pic,the rear lights (nearer to edges),seem to glow orange.Is that the flash or r they indicator?:confused:
Regards

Paul

·
Registered
327 Posts
Looks cool just love the coulor!

I think you have a bit of Skyline Yellow Eye From the Flach or do your Lights Breath Fire as well as your pipe :D :D

Keep posting the pic it realy good to see the progress!!

Bruce

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
HI guys,

The rear lights glowing are down to the flash on the camera but it does look odd :)

Been polishing the turbo pipe and done one if the HKS induction pipes and its looking well sweet. Can`t wait to finish it but tommorow I will find out when my parts are going to arrive :D Hopfully SOON.

seeya

Richard

·
Registered
327 Posts
ali g lives ??

Well not Quite but it's not far away about 20 miles up the road to Staines and Sluogh is not that far!!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Three words Richard

Transparent
Cam-Belt
Cover

Or would that be too "Max Power"
:D

My only excuse is that I went to see "Fast an Furious" last night

Mini Review
Good tunes
Lots of decent cars "rodding it"
Skyline not featured enough
Cool Supra
Lots of nice car bits in the shop (Greddy, Trust, NOS etc)
Go see it!

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi Guys,

Well Decided to keep the cam cover on. Stayed on afterwork lastnight to plumb in the oil cooler etc and I`v now re-fitted the cam covers and induction piping. Theres a picture attached to this message.

I started her up for the first time in at least 3 weeks tonight and it fired up first time which is good. I`m going to re-fit the headlamps and front bumper tommorow so it should look more like a car just a shame I`m still waiting for a screen moulding and spoiler clips !!

Catch you later

Richard

Attachments

·
Registered
6,096 Posts
Shiney

Aha ;)

I think there is a spec of dirt on the polished intake pipe

Apart from that V V V V V Nice :cool: :cool:

Let me know where you are going so I can take my sunnies.

Along with the paint work I take it you will be keeping it for a while.

Best regards

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Engine bay

Looks PUKKA mate!

Good job.

Cant wait to see it in flesh(or should that be metal??)

Good luck

Paul

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
Richard, That just looks fantastic!! I can't believe those intake pipes and HKS filter pipes look soooooo good!! How on earth did you get them so shiney?? I want to do the same thing now:D.....is some industrial heavy machinery involved or what???

·
Registered
327 Posts
Starting to take shape now! looks good!

Were did you end up putting the Oil cooler? and who's did you uses in the end?

I think I will see you at the Meeting On sunday!

Regards

Bruce :smokin:

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi guys,

I`ll try and answer all the previous replies in one message :D

Alan The pipes do need a little more polishing as there alittle dusty :) and yes I plan to keep the car for a few years min.

DCD the pipes are easy if you have the gear to do it :) You could do it by hand but it would take a lot longer. I used a air sander and electric polisher to finnish it. I start with p180 sandpaper and work my way up to p1000 wet and dry !!! Takes about 30 mins a pipe!!! I may get hold of a spart set and sell them on a exhange basis if there is any intrest.

Bruce I fitted the oil cooler in the O/S/F inner wing as the instructions said too. I looked into putting it between the rad and intercooler but the rad was too big and I would have had to make a load of brackets up. I don`t think I`m going to make it on sunday as I`m waiting for bits still and Im not getting them until next week. If I`m not working on the car I may still pop down as its only 10 mins from where I live.

Seeyou

Richard

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
oil filter

richard if i was you i would think of trying to get your oil filter
up the right way up so that all the crap is at the bottom of the filter.if you look at my web site you can see how i fitted my filter
just a thought .

keith cowie maybe me just being fussy.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts