GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm putting my P1 WR up for sale. anyone interested??

The specs are:

1. Alcon Prodrive brakes
2. 18" P1 WR anthracite wheels + Pirelli P-Zeros
3. Tinted windows
4. WRC carbon fibre wing mirrors
5. Clear indicators and side repeaters
6. Scoobysport downpipe
7. HKS Hiper Titanium exhaust system
8. HKS Racing Suction kit
9. Superb ice install consisting clarion head unit, 12 cd changer, diamond audio speakers and subs, genesis amps and phoenix gold EQ.
10. Front doors and boot fully dynamatted.

it's less than 9000 miles with full service history.

i'm looking at offloading at £29,500 but it's negotiable.

cheers.:)

·
Registered
248 Posts
Tim I hate comments on for sale items that aren't related to buying, but kin hell 29lg for a P1 :eek:

·
Registered
666 Posts
Six quid!!
You must be feeling a bit flush:D
What on earth would you want it for?

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
use for a scooby

yeh, I would only want the petrol in the tank, would bin the rest :D

Six quid for a full tank of fuel seems like a good deal, not bothered about the container its in.

Dirk;)

·
Registered
248 Posts
Tim

I rest my case :rolleyes:

However much better cars are available at far less no offence. Its just that I have spent ages trying to sell my highly sorted car to recieve comments like the ones above and I just think that unfortunatley our cars are not worth any where near what we paid.
:(

Anyway good look with the sale.

SJD

·
Registered
300 Posts
Woah!!

For another 6 or 7 g's you could buy my R34 GTR in lovely Bayside Blue.

Nice car the P1 though. You guys are so cruel sometimes. lol.:)

·
Registered
326 Posts
Have to say, I have seen quite a few P1's for sale, they are a great car but most are around the 22k mark, highest 26k, for a Y with 11,000miles on the clock (latest Top marques) and you never get back the price of your mods, no matter how new :(

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Price

C'mon guys give him a chance.He has stated in his ad that the price is negotiable ! He is only trying to get the max for his car which is what most of us would do ........

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Paul

You are getting more like a 'Mother Hen' everyday ;) . Your right though their are some NASTY pieces of work out their.

DIRK AND GED SHAME ON YOU BOTH :D .

glen

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
shame

no shame, I thought it was a reasonable offer, after all they all only run on three cylinders, so there was a good chance he had a full tank of fuel.

Nothing sinister, just cant think of any other car I hate more, the GC8 was obviously a good rally car but built using recycled crisp packets by fuji heavy industries, all the build quality of raliant but without the expertise.

Hope you sell it soon though, good luck.

Dirk.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Dirk

There isn't a Skyline on the planet that would keep up with an STi on a twisty a or b road. Not bad for a blue peter made car :p

SJD

Oh moving from a GC8 to an RB very soon so what do I know

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Thats me then

On this planet.

BEHOLD COMET COMETH.

Twisty A or B roads, yawn,yawn,yawn,yawn,yawn oh forgot the Scoobys a Raleigh Car yawn,yawn,yawn,yawn,yawn.

Someone change the record.

Oh I know, bet my dads bigger than yours.

Welcome to the world of Skyline ownership (soon) where you won't have to put up with/go through that drivel Scott.

glen :D ;)

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
A guy comes on here to advertise his car being for sale and this is what the thread becomes.

Sorry guys, but i think it's a bit off to knock someone else's motor like that. We all have pride in our cars regardless what it is, and i think to slate someone else's car like that is pretty ignorant. Not everyone can afford to go out and buy whatever the hell they want (i know i can't), so we get what we can afford.

If it's not to your liking, don't pass judgement.

If i ever sold my GTI-R (which i have no plans of doing), i'd certainly think twice about advertising it on here.

I don't think i'll comment on the comments about A or B roads as i'm sure i'll get a roasting too.

Cheers,
Daz

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
oh

Oh come on daz, the thread played into my hands at first and couldnt resist!

Plus, he knows his car is the ' Capri ' of Japan anyway and must expect a bit of light heared pisstaking especially when advertising on the Skyline Board, come on, give us some freedom of speech!;)

As for Glen, the man hasnt got a hurtful bone in his body, in fact any bones, apart from the jelly one ( completely spineless ) and I am sure is completely innocent of any intentional hurtful misdoings as am I.

Dirk:)

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
A or B Roasting

Hi Daz.

I too get so fed up with the 'this is quicker than this' scenario. It bores me to tears and is so lame. I've quoted it before on other sites that their just isn't a level playing field for us to compare like for like. Their are too many variables and it is just a waste of time talking about it.

I agree that EVERY mans (and womens, Monty Python humour their) car is his pride and joy so should therefore not be a butt of humour.

I'm gonna shut up now before people start on me :eek: .

glen

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Re: oh

Dirk Diggler said:
Oh come on daz, the thread played into my hands at first and couldnt resist!

Plus, he knows his car is the ' Capri ' of Japan anyway and must expect a bit of light heared pisstaking especially when advertising on the Skyline Board, come on, give us some freedom of speech!;)

As for Glen, the man hasnt got a hurtful bone in his body, in fact any bones, apart from the jelly one ( completely spineless ) and I am sure is completely innocent of any intentional hurtful misdoings as am I.

Dirk:)
Dirk, it's all well and good having a bit of fun, and i certainly am not against that. But you took it to the level to complete slag the car off...and i think that's taking it too far. I didn't see Simon H come on here owning the cars that he has and start taking the p155 out of what you own simply because his cars cost more, or are rarer than yours. So why do you need to do the same to a scooby owner ?

Some of your comments are quite amusing and i have a laugh reading them...others i just find annoying and threads often appear to go downhill.....

I know Glen and i know he isn't the sort to slate people's motors...but i still think the email was not necessary.

Glen, maybe you are fedup hearing it, but the cars are always going to be compared by people. I know they are aimed at different markets, but people will always try to find a way to test them against each other.

I don't see the problem in someone pointing out the fact that the scooby is exceptional at that kind of driving though, seeing as that is what the car has been specifically designed for...it's not a top speed car after all.

Personally, i would never try to compare these cars....you have to compare like for like....

Anyway, i've said enough.....

Daz

·
Registered
326 Posts
Cars at the end of the day are pure and simple down to personal preference, what some people rave about and love others will hate. There are obviously some people on this forum who do not and will never like the Scooby, I have to agree with Daz and say, respet where respect is due, for what it is designed for the scooby, especially in P1 form, is one of the best at what it is designed to do, a A-B country road rocket, and in that respect there are not that many cars can live with it. There are many cars out there which I do not like, costing many times more, but that is my personal choice, and I am not going to ram my opinions down people's throat.

My issue was pure and simple down to the money asked and that alone, and because I do sell cars for a living, it is something I know how to do, my advice for him would be to drop the price to a more realistic 26K and start negotiations from there. Because someone in the market for a P1, will look at a few and if they see a similar age, spec, condition and milage for less, they will go for the cheaper option.

I wish Tim, good luck in selling his car and hope that some comments from fellow forum members have not put him off returning to the site, and maybe becomming a Skyline owner in the future. I know the comments were all meant in Jest, however, as other people have mention before, because it is the typed word, things can come across, not how they were intended.

Any way that is my 2p's worth and of course IMHO :)

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Sorry guys, but i think it's a bit off to knock someone else's motor like that. We all have pride in our cars regardless what it is, and i think to slate someone else's car like that is pretty ignorant. Not everyone can afford to go out and buy whatever the hell they want (i know i can't), so we get what we can afford.
Spot on.

I bought an R33 because it was all I could really afford, I couldn't stretch to double the price for a "basic" R34. Having said that if I ever sold my car on a different forum I wouldn't much like having someone point out to me that it's an "inferior" model or suchlike. Calling a Scooby the "Capri" of Japan is a bit harsh even if meant in jest - it's an amazing car that's easily in the same league as Skylines, Evos, etc.

Ultimately the discussion boils down to price as Simon H has pointed out. I have no benchmark here so I can't possibly comment (which is why I haven't to date).

1 - 20 of 38 Posts