GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AS ABOVE PROB STUPID I NO !!

Lads just wonderin what petrol, say a 1000bhp skyline would use on the roads from day to day / daily use.... Just something I would like to know ? I know there`s a few high powered liners on ere

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
Just a question.High powered liners

We used Diesel when i worked for P&O Cruises:chuckle:

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
It's a myth about these multiplte maps on V-Pro (or so I have been told when I was running V-Pro), it only allows compensation and slight fine tuning/variations unless of course you have the software and can replace the map with the new one each time!

The knock detection doesn't work allegedly either when you connect up the A/F knock amp to it despite the literature making you believe otherwise!

Nito

3,665 Posts
Nito,

the multi map do work we can adjust the main maps i.e ignition and fuel to allow race fuel to be run or if the customers wants a more "economical" map to be run. I feel this is not the best idea due to big horsepower motors need fuel to survive , lean mixtures cause high exhaust gas temps these can hurt a motor.

But the multiple maps do work, but they are only adjustment of the main map not new maps as that some people think. I think you have not been told the correct info or understood the info.

But I think people do not understand that a big horsepower car will use fuel due to the high lift big duration cams not working at lower cruise rpms so fuel/mixture is just lost out down the exhaust port, once the car is reving the cams come into play so making the big bhp,s

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
But the multiple maps do work, but they are only adjustment of the main map not new maps as that some people think.
This is what I understood, ie. you can't run 2 different maps, its just fine tuning of the main map.

Is this fine tuning a percentage that affects the overall map ie x% more fuel over the whole map, or can you allow more or less additions over differing rev ranges/zones of the map?

Cheers
Nito

·
Registered
172 Posts
using v-pro here.

Map1 = vp race fuel (ron116)
Map2 = pump fuel (ron97)

ps. good to be back to the forum (1yr off)

3,665 Posts
The Software allows you to have 4 ignition trim maps 4 fuel trim maps , these are a complete map from memory 20 x 20 rpm v,s boost pressure , so yes you can allow more or less addition over the map i.e add at one point and reduce at another point.... . it works very well.

We find that running a high oxygen content fuel we have to reduce the fuel in the trim map as well as adding ignition timing.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Liners?

Do you mean one of these???

They even come with wings already fitted so no need for expensive aftermarket parts. The wings are flexible though, so they woundn't be eligible under current FIA rules.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Liners?

Do you mean one of these???

They even come with wings already fitted so no need for expensive aftermarket parts. The wings are flexible though, so they woundn't be eligible under current FIA rules.
What would be the topspeed with these,do i need 1 or 2? Do you have more information regarding this?

·
Registered
587 Posts
:flame: tsk tsk:flame: :chuckle: :chuckle: but realy guys, like Cem said ,, it was an understood question, no need 4 the ****s take. :popcorn: any one

1 - 20 of 24 Posts