GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had an idea that may interest a few people. I thought I'd post something, to get your opinions.

I've tried to fit a new CV boot today ("Tried" because I got it all apart, and discovered Middlehurst had sent the wrong boot!)

Having done this job, I thought it might be an idea to put together a "Haynes" style set of instructions on how to do it. This would help the budding home mechanic or enthusiast who owns a GTR realise what kind of problems they might encounter before they set out to do the job.

It would also give handy tips, such as, which joints to undo to enable the removal of the driveshaft in this instance.

What dya think!!

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Nigel,

If you're happy to compile it I'm sure people will send you stuff (photos included). Just don't let Abbey, Gary, SVS and the rest of them find out!:eek:

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I've long thought this'd be a good idea... I've taken photo's of most of the things I've done to my car. They just need writing up into articles.

I could come up with (All for R33 GTR)

- how to change oil and filter (fairly basic!)

- how to wire in a stereo

- how to change your fuel filter

- how to fit HKS super power flow filters if you can't read japanese

- how to change brake pads (front and rear) (not that they are much different)

and coming soon...

- how to make an electrical gizmo so that your doors lock when you start the engine.

jon

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
I can provide instructions on
"How to write a cheque to get someone else to do it":D

Booty-licious can provide instructions on
"How to tee-cut, wash and wax an R33":cool: :eek:

John

·
Registered
5,806 Posts
Fuggles said:
I can provide instructions on
"How to write a cheque to get someone else to do it":D

Booty-licious can provide instructions on
"How to tee-cut, wash and wax an R33":cool: :eek:

John
Hey thats unfair! I might not of worked on a car in a long time, but I have changed a complete exhaust system, water pump (on an old mini) distributor, and helped rebuiled an engine (on an old Manta) oh and a couple of tyres. I may not be familar round a Skyline but....I KNOW MY STUFF! :rolleyes: :D :)

Someone had to T-Cut Fuggles car and make it look white again :D ;) :p

Claire

·
Premium Member
3,810 Posts
Do you know that you can buy an Australian official Nissan workshop manual for the R32 – not exactly cheap....but somewhat useful I guess.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Booty-licious said:

Hey thats unfair! I might not of worked on a car in a long time, but I have changed a complete exhaust system, water pump (on an old mini) distributor, and helped rebuiled an engine (on an old Manta) oh and a couple of tyres. I may not be familar round a Skyline but....I KNOW MY STUFF! :rolleyes: :D :)

Someone had to T-Cut Fuggles car and make it look white again :D ;) :p

Claire
They pickin on you again :D

I think thats a good idea, wonder who would like to compile the same thing for a GTS, weve got pics of changing fuel pumps and fitting a new FMIC :D

Maybe Jason O could do the graft and compile it all :p

·
Registered
324 Posts
Nigel

I reckon i'd like a signed copy, it could be a best seller for you!

I've splashed out some cash on the manual from NZ but it's an engine manual only.

Wot is the Australian manual all about????? Anyone bought it???

1 - 9 of 9 Posts