GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But why not make stickies of threads for GTR32's, 33's and 34's?

Would have thought this would already have been added tbh...

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I suppose no-one agree's then?

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I guess the gallery could be divided into R32, 33, 34 etc, but the gallery isn't exclusively Skyline specific I don't think. Plus some lucky, (minted), people have more than one model of Skyline, so that might get a bit confusing.

You are aware that you can do an advanced search, and for instance search for gallery threads with the specific model you're after in the title? E.g. gallery threads with R33 in the title should bring up plenty of R33 stuff, (although you're better off searching for R32s ;) ).

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lol, thanks for the reply Tim.

The reason i mentioned it is, i've been a few forums and have found that something as simple as a couple of stickies, really make a difference. I reckon a lot of people would find it very helpful and easy to use.

Go onto NASIOC and you'll find they have actually split stickies into COLOUR topics, lol.

Yours is rather good looking in that colour. That a full respray in a different colour, or did it come in that colour?

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Yours is rather good looking in that colour. That a full respray in a different colour, or did it come in that colour?
Cheers. Not an original colour, the respray is a Lamborghini colour, specifically Lamborghini Candy Apply Blue.

Go onto NASIOC and you'll find they have actually split stickies into COLOUR topics, lol.
And there could be the first problem with the colour idea. Do a search for blue 32s and you wouldn't find mine, you'd need to search for 'R32' s and also 'Lamborghini Candy Apply Blue' to find it, which probably wouldn't be most people's first choice of search criteria. ;)

Still, some good ideas dude, although the existing advanced search options have never let me down yet. :)

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lol, yer it may get a bit difficult. :D

Searches usually are good, but you know so is Google. It's just sometimes when you want to search for something, you still can't find it IYSWIM. lol

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
I think having the galleries divided into R32, R33 etc would be a good idea, but otherwise I think its nice to have all owners together contributing to the thread/forum.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
yeah I think it'd be a bit of a shame if it was separated into 32, 33 and 34's ...I think ppl would just end up spending their time in the section that applies to them and not bothering sharing the site with other skyline owners - keep it as it is - it works :)

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It was mainly as an "addition".

For example, Faz, you have put pics up of your new wheels and with it's own thread, it gets the comments it deserves :smokin: , but by adding them to the GTR33 thread, then people would find the pics no probs what-so-ever, without having to search different sections.

Just thought i'd post me idea, but i realise it may not be the best. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts