GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A black GTR for sale at Litchfield will become mine this Friday :) 06/2009 with just 9000 miles, new Bridgestones, serviced, stage 1 and gearbox software. Got a good deal and real peace of mind knowing I'm dealing with Iain. Will post pictures soon.

Thanks for all your advice various folks - I've been making a general nuisance of myself on here for around 2 years now. Good to finally prove I wasn't just wasting everyone's time.

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Congrats mate.

·
Registered
9,080 Posts
you'll never look back.

Nice that it comes tuned straight out of the box!!

You can't go wrong with Litchfield customer service. I've bought several cars from Iain over the years.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Nice one mate. I too hung around here for for 2 years before being able to get one lol. Great place to gain the knowledge needed. Although that said you have bought from one of the best in the business. That must be a great peace of mind. Enjoy mate ; )

·
Registered
2,710 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cool :)

My car has 285 width bridgestones on the front. Am I likely to have issues with these? I know I should post in the tyres section but let me off just once :)

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Cool :)

My car has 285 width bridgestones on the front. Am I likely to have issues with these? I know I should post in the tyres section but let me off just once :)
You sure that's not someone swapping rear for fronts?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No, all 4 tyres are new. Iain said some owners are starting to do this to improve front grip. I guess I should really ask him. Will let you know what he says.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Can't see it being a problem mate. It would offer slightly more grip at the front but I can't say I've noticed it lacking any bite at the front on the public road. Let's just say I've pushed her fairly hard and the only thing I tend to get is some rear slip :smokin: Probably my driving style lol. I guess they could understeer on track but i have no experience of tracking one yet.

Bet you can't wait :chuckle: I was soooo excited it was unreal. Don't bank on that feeling going away though as i still get it at the very thought of a Friday afternoon and pulling her out of the garage :chuckle:

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Iain confirms there are no issues with running the wider tyre, just better front grip. Seems the previous owner wasn't really a pilot, it's just there were no 255s available when he had them fitted.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
OK, I have had my beast for 3 days and am still slightly in shock at its capabilities. It sounds like stereo Ducatis on full chat and shifts like one too. My mates: never heard them giggle like 10 year old girls before - worth the price alone :)

A couple of questions:
* In Manual with the box in R mode, obviously the software won't change up for you and allows you into the red zone. I assume there's a nice safe limiter in there to bounce off to stop you trashing your engine? (Bloody hard to keep up with the acceleration in 1st and 2nd, even with the paddles).
* Gearbox again: If you underestimate your road speed and pull on the left paddle to change down, does the software prevent the change to a lower gear if it would cause over-rev damage?

Regarding the 285 front tyres: I won't pretend I can tell they have more grip as I have only done a few miles in a standard shod car and didn't push it anywhere near hard enough. However, one bonus of the wider tyres is a greater weight to the steering which inspires even more confidence. Might be worth considering for some of you folks.

Thanks.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thought I'd post a pic of the new car next to my daily driver, a 2002 Mk1 Honda Insight. I wonder if anyone else on Earth owns both cars. Looks like the GTR has sneezed :)

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Thought I'd post a pic of the new car next to my daily driver, a 2002 Mk1 Honda Insight. I wonder if anyone else on Earth owns both cars. Looks like the GTR has sneezed :)

That looks sweet :smokin: The GTR aint bad either :D

·
Registered
816 Posts

I don't own an insight, but also like yourself own a GTR and live on planet Earth:thumbsup: nice place to be!

Strange combination me thinks, like you want to save Earth, so you can wreck it for a bit longer :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts