GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just upgraded my early 2009 Kuro Black to a late (2013 registered) MY2012 in the metallic blue.

It feels like a much better quality machine, more solid feel to the doors and the boot close, it also feels even more urgent than old one (it had a y-pipe and Cobb tuned by Garage-R)

The new one came with a Milltek y-pipe installed but the question I have is, is it worth installing my Cobb in the new GTR will it make much of difference.

Cheers guys
Don

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
congratulations on your new Gtr don it's stunning:thumbsup:

the biggest difference regarding the performance is the larger turbo intakes.

these allow much better turbo response.

I'd enjoy the extra power untill you become used to it,and when you do I'd Cobb it ;)

·
Registered
6,397 Posts
Congratulations fella, best colour choice.... Same as mine, yourl find the MY11 onwards a much quicker, more responsive car, so like the professor said I'd first utilise the power and go for upgrade which if the same as a Litchfield stage one, it'll be an awesome difference, yourl be well impressed. I just have had mine done a few weeks ago and wow the difference is unbelievable. Good luck with it and be safe

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good upgrade mate.

Get yourself up to KH this weekend :)
Sounds like a great idea....... But hold on......last time I did that I covered 45 laps, used the best part of a tank of petrol and a set of tyres!!!

Might come up as a spectator....? What's on?

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Open pit trackday.

You used a set of tyres in 45 laps?

I went though 1.5 tanks of fule last time I was up and tyres still have loads of meat left on them

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You used a set of tyres in 45 laps?
They couldn't have been in great shape to start with, but when I finished they were covered in those rubber "worms" and balls you see on the F1 tyres at the end of a race!

Or it could just have been shite driving :chuckle:

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Ahhhh ok. Aye those can make the try's feel very rough, just needs a good drive to get rid.

Get yourself along on sat ;-)

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Nice one mate. I really don't want to try a new car now. Money is too tight!! :)

Enjoy and look forward to actually making a meet.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts