GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
And I gotta say, after all this hot weather and boosting round with superb grip, I'd totally forgotten how bloody good they are in the wet!

on the open motorway with heavy rain, and some stage 4 strategic safe boosting, the mpss where great!

cruising lane to lane transfer felt grippy and safe/secure... boosting in an open fast lane was gripped and well controlled

275/305 litchfield setup btw

Thanks michelin

:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
5,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just a shame they arent up to it on track
true, thats why i have spare alloys and toyo r888 for TRACK,

for ALL other UK ROAD work, for me MPSS do the business, WET and DRY.

·
Registered
747 Posts
I must have some issues, I find them generally unstable due to the lack of a firm edge. I have been driving on bridgestone winter tyres for the past 3 months which were very good in wet/cold conditions and always felt in control due to the firm edge and generally felt stable.

It doesn't take much to get the traction control to kick in. Have had wheels aligned and checked the pressure (running at 31PSI) so not sure! They are very good in the dry though!

·
Registered
785 Posts
I must have some issues, I find them generally unstable due to the lack of a firm edge. I have been driving on bridgestone winter tyres for the past 3 months which were very good in wet/cold conditions and always felt in control due to the firm edge and generally felt stable.

It doesn't take much to get the traction control to kick in. Have had wheels aligned and checked the pressure (running at 31PSI) so not sure! They are very good in the dry though!
You wanna stick 34psi it them mate (cold). Stiffens them up nicely.

·
Vendor
6,328 Posts
Yes buzz I had that issue with them not feeling as stiff when I had 31-32psi in them then I increased the pressure to 32 on stone cold and within half a mile they went up to 34psi and they feel as tight as the run flats but with much more grip, so I'd try it bruv

1 - 8 of 8 Posts