GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been a while since I've been on gtroc....I sold my beautiful 09 svm 650 r last year after a salutary lesson in how not to get caught speeding.....the car was just too fast for me and if knew if I kept it I'd end up in trouble again....

My friend leant me his stunning blue my11 tonight and I am in awe at how good it is

Mine was good but the suspension of the my11 just feels so sorted and I really do think it's the best car ever driven

Currently got an m3 dct saloon which is a peach, but it doesn't come close to the my11 gtr

So here I am, trawling the classified knowing that I will soon be in a blue my11....

Just felt the need to share my thoughts with you and reconnect with the amazing gtroc community!

(Yes I know a bit of a pointless post really!)

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
You should try a car with the Litchfield suspension. :)

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
I've got a MY11 in daytona blue with Litchfield stage one and it's awesome compared to my previous 09.... Massive difference especially in the torque side of things.... Good luck and I hope you get the rite car.

·
Registered
924 Posts
It's been a while since I've been on gtroc....I sold my beautiful 09 svm 650 r last year after a salutary lesson in how not to get caught speeding.....the car was just too fast for me and if knew if I kept it I'd end up in trouble again....

My friend leant me his stunning blue my11 tonight and I am in awe at how good it is

Mine was good but the suspension of the my11 just feels so sorted and I really do think it's the best car ever driven

Currently got an m3 dct saloon which is a peach, but it doesn't come close to the my11 gtr

So here I am, trawling the classified knowing that I will soon be in a blue my11....

Just felt the need to share my thoughts with you and reconnect with the amazing gtroc community!

Ok so I thought I'd not seen you post on here for a while.

Give us the details on how you got nicked for over extension of the right foot :)

Satan

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok so I thought I'd not seen you post on here for a while.

Give us the details on how you got nicked for over extension of the right foot :)

Satan
Was more of a uncomfortably close call........I got let off but the consequences could have been severe in terms of ban etc

I became too wary to enjoy the gtr so I quit whilst I was ahead and sold my p&j

I've since matured and now want an my11 quite badly!

·
Registered
1,315 Posts

My own Black Recaro Edition MY11 model with Litchfield Suspension, Litchfield Steering arms and stage 4 goodies will be coming up for sale very shortly :)

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My own Black Recaro Edition MY11 model with Litchfield Suspension, Litchfield Steering arms and stage 4 goodies will be coming up for sale very shortly :)
Now you'll have to forgive my ignorance here...but is a black Recaro edition, black in colour?!

Feel free to pm me with details, although I need to sell my M3 first before I'm in a position to buy

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Now you'll have to forgive my ignorance here...but is a black Recaro edition, black in colour?!

Feel free to pm me with details, although I need to sell my M3 first before I'm in a position to buy
Sorry, yes it is an MY11, Recaro Black edition in Black colour lol

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
i bought mine very recently and was tempted by a newer car but the my11s were around the £50k mark, for the few small modifications that appear to made from my09 to my11 i decided on an 09 car but spent £55k and bought a highly modified 950hp monster instead ;)
my car runs h&r 30mm lowering springs and 15mm eibach spacers and it drives real nice imo, it is a touch hard i suppose but i like it that way especially with 950hp to tame

also you could by an 09 for say £35k and spend £15k on better suspension and a litchfield/svm stage 5 for the same price as a stock my11, mine is just a weekend toy though not a daily although i still would of made the same choice for a daily im sure lol

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
You will always get people saying the MY11 isn't worth it, but having had an MY10, 11 and 14 it is.
Sweet spot in terms of upgrades and cost IMO.

Let's face it, we all like our cars and will defend them, but the MY11 isn't just a suspension upgrade, or a power upgrade. Although that's what people that have upgraded older cars focus on, because that's easier to beat with aftermarket stuff.

There are quite a few other changes, not least of which is a 10% downforce improvement.
That's a Nissan tested improvement too, not just a great big fandango wing stuck on the back.

There is no arguing that the MY09/10 is a great car. But the MY11 is better.
Which it should be as it's more expensive and a newer development in the same car where they implimented quite a few changes as a package after the GT-R was three years old.

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
You will always get people saying the MY11 isn't worth it, but having had an MY10, 11 and 14 it is.
Sweet spot in terms of upgrades and cost IMO.

Let's face it, we all like our cars and will defend them, but the MY11 isn't just a suspension upgrade, or a power upgrade. Although that's what people that have upgraded older cars focus on, because that's easier to beat with aftermarket stuff.

There are quite a few other changes, not least of which is a 10% downforce improvement.
That's a Nissan tested improvement too, not just a great big fandango wing stuck on the back.

There is no arguing that the MY09/10 is a great car. But the MY11 is better.
Which it should be as it's more expensive and a newer development in the same car where they implimented quite a few changes as a package after the GT-R was three years old.

very true and if the car will be kept virtually standard then i can see an my11 as a far better choice.

·
Registered
62 Posts
When I go my car a couple of years ago I first test drove a MY09, then a MY10 and finally a MY11.

There was a huge difference between the cars and I am glad I waited to test drive a MY11 before going for an earlier car (which I thought were amazing before driving the MY11).

The only slight downside was that I had to increase my budget somewhat, but with hindsight I am glad I did.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My 2012 ... no crappy red frills steering wheel..lurve it!

You know the 2013 steering wheels look like they are from Halfords
... anyone agree

1 - 20 of 21 Posts