GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all
Just fitted my new PFC to my gts, and mapped at RBs.

So far Ive fitted:
Super dragger
decat
75mm front pipe
HKS pod filter
Greddy iridium spark plugs
Apexi PFC
Hand controler
Boost kit
boost set to 1 bar
Mapped ar RBs

Luckily it has the standard metal turbo with ceramic exhaust wheel, not the plastic type. It runs standard compression, turbo and intercooler, RB estimates 300-310bhp.

Rod spent hours with me mapping it and has done a superb job, I recommend a trip there to anyone!

Dont think Ill be going any further with the mods, new injectors, intercooler, metal head gasget and turbo are just too expensive for the gains.

But the car is now awsome anyway!

C:D

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
1 bar

Hi Rich
I've heard of people running more, though I wouldnt want to.

You can only go with the recommendations of those that know. Rod is the guru when it come to Skylines and I know he wouldnt have given me 1 bar if the turbo couldnt handle it.

There is a very small amount of detonation but it never raises past 12, that doesnt even light the engine check light (warns you at 60) so its well safe with standard compression.

Its the plastic type turbo you cant play with but Im lucky that isnt the type I have.

Have you done any work on yours?

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
rod bell mapping

ROD IS UP IN ABERDEEN THIS WEEKEND TO MAP 4 SKYLINES AND A EVO7 ALL RUNNING ON POWER FC ECUs.
BEEN TO THE PUB HAD A GOOD NIGHT.
HE IS AWAY TO GET SOME SHUT EYE
BEEN ON THE GO FROM 6AM THIS MORNING

HE SAYS 1 BAR IS OK :D :smokin:
NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT.

KEITH

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep
Rod told me about the Scotland trip, Rod was amazing with the PFC, he was certain of what we could achieve and we did. We spent about 5 hour playing.

Calv:D

PS: it wasnt me questioning whether it could handle 1 bar

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
Oh.....Well now I'm shittin myself, cos I regularly see knock up at 40-50 :eek:

and my car only dyno'd at 269bhp with a very similar spec to yours :(

·
Registered
905 Posts
Mine is running 1.1 bar on standard head gasket and standard fueling on standard ECU and I dont get any detonation whatsoever! Rod reckons it was safe and I trust him with my baby so everythings cool!!!!

Mind you Calvs a bit lucky not having a plastic turbo wheel I think!!

Aint you been busy there mate??? ARe you gonna come to the next Derby Meet so I can have a butchers then or what???

Si

·
Registered
720 Posts
Just over a bar is fine on stock headgakset and steel turbo internals. Nothing higher then .9 bar is advised on the ceramic turbine blades on the later 06/94 onwards cars.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Jason,
As Keith mentioned Rod is coming to Scotland very soon he might be interested in a sixth map session, ring him asap! All cars are different even with the same mods so I doubt my map would work well, try knocking 1 or 2 deg off your ignition timing that should keep the knock right down. If you havent had it mapped by a pro, do it its worth it:D

Whens the next meet Si, I heard somthing about a change of day and venue, time I attended again. Yep Ive been busy, Im also skint!

Anyone know of a decent dyno in the East Midlands. Rod has estimated these figures with the amount of airflow etc (airflow meter maxed out!), although should be close, but would like to know exactly.

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
Rich J said:
Sell it mate, then give me the PFC:D
Right now I feel like sticking the stock ECU back in, driving the car hard and fast into a big fec'off wall, and smashing the APEXi piece of shit into little bits with an extremely large fec'off heavy hammer.

Or am I over reacting ;)

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
power fc mapping

AS LONG AS THE KNOCK IS UNDER 60 IT IS DOING NO DAMAGE

jason as you know you have the old apexi ecu and it does not work
with the fc pro software,the other ones do.
you cant get the same results from mapping with the handset
you could turn your boost up but is it worth it.
if you want to get the same power and set up
you should have bought a new power fc and not one that was the old type.
you said to me at star that .9 bar was max for your turbo

keith

·
Registered
905 Posts
Calv,

Dunno WHen but Its in a couple o weeks, I'll let you know if I remember, think its being moved to SUnday Lunchtime ish, so its still daytime......

Let me know about that dyno, If it will cope with a 4wd monster!!!;)

I suppose I could always pop it into 2 wd just fo a dyno.....

Si;)

·
Registered
59 Posts
My R34 was one of the Scotish cars mapped this weekend.
Rod supplied the Apexxi FC, took it up to Aberdeen and mapped it this morning with Keith's kind help as driver and assistant.
I immediately then set off for Edinburgh on an "errand" and have just got home.
Rod is just so accomodating and good at what he does. It is now boosting exactly on what it is meant to (1.1Bar.)

1 - 20 of 75 Posts