GTR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As per title when I bought the car of which is a 2010 I new the gear box was renewed by Nissan under warranty by previous owner, had big service done at Litchfield's today they confirmed it was a 2012 version that has been fitted, well happy with that:clap:

Bobby

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
537 Posts
good to know if Nissan swap mine from 2011 to 2014. I was worried it might put people off but it seems to be the opposite. :)

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think if it was any other car it probably would but the cost of the GTR transmission sways it the other way, this was what persuaded me to get my car and also that it had not been launched and all with low temperatures.

Bobby

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Looks like I'm having a new gearbox too, the car is only 7 mnths old and done 8k miles, dealership said it's around an £18k job, Jesus!

·
Premium Member
8,830 Posts
Wow what's happening to all your gearboxes ???

A gearbox is a gearbox isnt it ?

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Wow what's happening to all your gearboxes ???

A gearbox is a gearbox isnt it ?
Mine's mechanically perfect but unfortunately it doesn't hold water, lol.

Was on my knees checking the rear tyre treads the other day, as you do, and noticed the rear undertray was wet with oil.

It's been diagnosed as leaking from the gearbox casing joint, which is a liquid gasket type joint apparently, so they're fitting a new gearbox subject to receiving confirmation from Japan after they've checked the Flickr data.

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
Hey Bobbie, did you buy your car from sheffield by any chance? is it DMG?

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Mine's mechanically perfect but unfortunately it doesn't hold water, lol.

Was on my knees checking the rear tyre treads the other day, as you do, and noticed the rear undertray was wet with oil.

It's been diagnosed as leaking from the gearbox casing joint, which is a liquid gasket type joint apparently, so they're fitting a new gearbox subject to receiving confirmation from Japan after they've checked the Flickr data.
It seems they have YTS in Japan too :)

Hope it will be sorted out for you double quick :cool:

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
18,000? Haha makes the 600 quid wing mirror sound cheap. Do nissan do an extended warranty for the GTR?
Yes but you need to be sitting down when the price comes through.
Just go to Litchfields for a better one.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts