GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Just leafing through an old edition of EVO last night (the one where a skyline, cerbie and M5 are rated as the great used buys for 20k) when i found a link to this forum. I didn't expect it to be this massive!

I've been thinking about living the skyline dream at long-last with a 33.

Can anybody update me on the state of the market etc? budget for a minter etc etc, i'm based in london so ia there anyone local to look after the car?

I have been thinking about going to look at this one:

PLATINUM AUTOS : Nissan Skyline R33 GTR

Is there a sticky explaining V-spec?

Thanks,

Buccal:thumbsup:

(Don't flame please!!)

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Hi Buccal, and welcome to the site. :wavey: It depends what you mean by 'a minter' but the linked car looks very good to me.

Is your budget more or less than that? You can pay 6,000 to 26,000 GBP, depending on the package. Anything over 10,000 would have to be in pretty good nick.

Mint as in mint from factory, or mint tuned version? Are you planning to tune, in which case the V Spec won't mean much, or do you want the standard extra goodies?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks thrust,

Budget circa 13-14k. Was thinking about a standard car with no plans to mod really, but who know's even i might catch the bug.....

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
Hi and welcome. :D

If I were buying an R33 for the sort of price as per the link, I'd go for this one:

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/118342-500bhp-gtr-everything-including-v-cam.html

V-Spec has slightly lower/stiffer suspension (not much point as this will be one area you'd want to change anyway due to the car's age), an 'active' rear diff (torque distributed left to right at the back, as well as standard GTR rear to front), faster acting HICAS (rear steering, which I'd recommend ditching anyway whatever the model).

There are lots for sale, and it's a buyer's market tbh. If you're planning on tuning the car (I'd say it's illegal not to) then obviously buying one which is already modified will cost less than modifying a standard one. However you need to be sure that all mods are what they say, and that they've been done properly.

Engine re-builds are not cheap; you could save a couple of thousand buying a car, then easily blow quite a few more if it fails.

·
Administrator
31,602 Posts
Hi All,

Just leafing through an old edition of EVO last night (the one where a skyline, cerbie and M5 are rated as the great used buys for 20k) when i found a link to this forum. I didn't expect it to be this massive!

I've been thinking about living the skyline dream at long-last with a 33.

Can anybody update me on the state of the market etc? budget for a minter etc etc, i'm based in london so ia there anyone local to look after the car?

I have been thinking about going to look at this one:

PLATINUM AUTOS : Nissan Skyline R33 GTR

Is there a sticky explaining V-spec?

Thanks,

Buccal:thumbsup:

(Don't flame please!!)
that was my 33 in that article :cool:

·
Administrator
31,602 Posts
nothing to tell really. just hung out with the EVO boys for a couple of days and got shown what my car can do. brilliant fun, was a few years ago now though,

mook

1 - 7 of 7 Posts