GTR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just got back from Japan and I am famous

Hi all,
just letting you all know I have just got back from Japan from some very important meetings,
very shocked to learn that I have actually been very closely scruitenised by some of the top tuning companies and very niceley complimented !
Myself, Andy and Robb went to Japan and boy oh boy what a fantastic place that is a BIG understatement and all I will say at the moment.
Times are going to change, big time:D
Gary
GT-ART OFFICIALY JAPANISE:D

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
JAPAN

AS GARY SAID, WEVE JUST RETURNED FROM A WEEK IN JAPAN ( AND A WEEKEND IN MACAU FOR ME ).

FIRSTLY IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED, OUR BTCC TOURING CARS WERE TAKEN TO THE GRAND PRIX IN MACAU ( WHICH IS AN ISLAND NEAR HONG KONG FOR THOSE WHOM DONT KNOW ) AND THE FINAL RESULT WAS THAT WE CAME 6TH IN THE LITTLE TYPE R CIVIC. WHAT A PLACE AND WHAT A RACE, LIKE WACKY RACERS MEETS HERBIE GOES BANANAS', CRAZY.

ANYWAY, FLEW FROM MACAU INTO TOKYO TO MEET UP WITH ROB AND GARY FOR A FULL ON SCHEDULED WEEK IN TOKYO ETC, THE PLACE WAS JUST AS I REMEMBERED IT SINCE MY LAST COUPLE OF VISITS, VERY EASY TO BECOME A FULL ON DRUNK OUT THERE, UNFORTUNATELY GETTING IN AT 3-4AM EVERY NIGHT AND UP AT 6-7 AM WAS A DAILY OCCURANCE SO NEEDLESS TO SAY A GOOD SLEEP ON THE PLANE HOME WAS HAD:)

AS GARY HAS MENTIONED ( ABEIT WITH JETLAG SPELLING ERRORS:) ) IT TRANSPIRES THAT HE IS VERY WELL KNOWN IN JAPAN FOR THE MONSTER TUNING AND DEVELOPMENT WITH SKYLINES WHICH, SURPRISING ISNT A WORD TO USE REALLY COS WE ALL KNOW THIS BUT WHEN YOU TRAVEL 6000 MILES TO A PLACE YOU HAVE NOT BEEN BEFORE AND PEOPLE KNOW YOU IT IS.

WEVE ALL TAKEN LOADS OF PICTURES AND I HOPE TO PUT UP OUR TRIP ON THE EVENT SECTION WITH THE PICTURES WHEN I GET TIME TO.

ALSO MANAGED TO BUY 3 SKYLINES WHILST I WAS THERE, A R32 GTS 2 DOOR, AN R33 GTR VSPEC, OH AND ALSO A 800BHP R32 GTR JUST FOR GOOD MEASURE.:D

COULD HAVE SPENT ANOTHER WEEK THERE REALLY, SO MUCH MORE TO GET DONE BUT NO TIME, GOOD TO BE BACK HOME, BEEN MISSING MY CAR AND I SUPPOSE THE OTHER HALF:D

ALAN WICKER

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
You didn't buy a new keyboard while you were out there then !! :D :D Just kidding Andy.

Anyway, sounds like an interesting trip....the big power R32 you purchased sounds interesting - i'm sure we'll find out about it in due time.

Are there loads of Japanese tuners now going round with big sideburns ? :D

Daz

·
Registered
994 Posts
Great to hear you guys were having a good time out there.Send all your photos to Cem with "the Japan Trip Story" and he will I`m sure get it up and running straight away.

Andy,
Only 800BHP,thats a "puppy" one then;)

Rob,
I hope one of the Skylines is for you.:p

Gary,
Glad you had a great trip,tell us more.....:smokin:

Henry.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Glad to hear u all had a good time.

Hi guys,

forgot to ask u guys to get me the jap versions of max power to review for my new magazine.

Hope no-one got caught lady boying :)

gary, what news from far waters??

devil dave - d

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Sounds like you had a great time there Dirk... Can wait to see the pics of the Skylines... Pity i could not have sorted that cash for a Supra... but i will just have to wait... :D

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
PUPPY

YEP, ITS GOT A T88 HENRY, NOT A DRAG CAR OR ANYTHING, USED TO BE SOMEONES ROAD CAR, DIDNT WANT A MODDED R32 TO SELL REALLY BUT IT WAS TOO GOOD TO MISS UP ON AS ITS A BIT SPECIAL, NOT KEEPING IT:)

ZX, YES I THOUGHT OF YOU, THERE WAS A FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA IN THE OFFERINGS, LOVELY BIT OF KIT AND A SHAME YOU DIDNT GET YOUR ARSE INTO GEAR QUICKER!:D

GOT SOME MAGS FOR YOU DAVE, DID ACTUALLY THINK OF YOU WHEHN BUYING SOME, THOUGHT MAY BE OF INTEREST TO YOU:)NO PROBLEMO, LADY BOYS - NO COMMENT;) :smokin:

ROB IN A SKYLINE? NAH, UNFORTUNATELY MUM GAVE ALL THE STYLE TO ME AT BIRTH AND NOT HIM, HE WILL BE STICKING WITH THE JAPANESE CAPRI:( :D

DAZ, YES I THINK EVERYONE WE MET NOW HAS A PAIR OR LARGE BURNS ON THIER CHRISTMAS SHOPPING LIST, AS PER UK GIRLS THE JAPANESE LADIES ALSO LOVE THEM - ROB AND GARY WITNESSED IT!!:smokin:

·
Registered
466 Posts
thanks for the mags!

Oh Dirky,

Thanks for the mags, will have to meet up soon!

Pity your siddes won't see next year?

How far we can shave?

Is tigger still doing the shaving?

d

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Just out of interest Dirk... Any Idea how much the Veilside Kitted Supra Went For?

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
ZX

SORRY, DIDNT TAKE ANY NOTICE TBH, THERE WERE 10000 CARS AT THIS AUCTION TO GIVE YOU AN IDEA OF HOW DIFFICULT BUYING A CAR IS LET ALONE CHECKING OUT PRICES ON ONES YOU DONT WANT! SORRY.

NO PROBS DAVE, ROB ALSO HAS SOME 'INTERESTING' MAGS;) NOT SURE YOU WOULD GET AWAY WITH PRINTING THEM OVER HERE THOUGH, HEHE.

YES THE SIDES ARE COMING OFF, I AM GETTING USED TO THE IDEA OF BEING ' NAKED' AGAIN.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
is it what i texted u about ????

see u both soon

lee

1 - 13 of 13 Posts