1/8 - 8.1 @ 85MPH
1/4 Mile - 12.733 @ 108MPH

60ft - 1.889
1/8 - 8.2 @ 85.6MPH
1/4 Mile - 12.8 @ 106MPH

60ft - 1.83
1/8 - 8.2 @ 84.5MPH
1/4 Mile - 12.9 @ 106.4MPH

I know I can improve my gear changes but not too bad running 1bar with full intetior and some baggage inside, and only being my 3rd time down the strip. Do you think I might be able to crack the 11.s when I strip everything down to just 2 front seats and the dash.

Saws Petes (milko's) Honda which looked and sounded like a racer, didnt see him run though, how did you get on fella?

I have got videos which I will post in the members gallery once they pass Google checks.

A happy Hedgehog Dodger

Dan

:) :clap:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Im only commenting in general (not specific to Skylines) but to crack the 11's your terminals will probably be more likely to be getting on for 117 - 120ish and just stripping out some interior probably on its own not be enough to push you into the 11's.

Out of interest, what kind of power are you running?

My best time so far is 12.65 @ 113mph & 1.65 60ft and I know for me to get into the 11's I'd need at least another 100 bhp or about another 40bhp with different gear ratios.

Looking forward to seeing your vids :cool:

Edited to say: actually, how much weight do you think you'll be taking off?

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Jay_bee said:
Out of interest, what kind of power are you running??
Not sure about power, but Rod @ RB thinks about 425/450HP.

Jay_bee said:
Edited to say: actually, how much weight do you think you'll be taking off?
Getting rid of everything except 2 drivers seats and the dash. As mention above, will be keeping aircon and ABS though. Also will be getting Quick Shift. I think it will be possible. I think I could get my 60ft time down by .3 maybe .4 of a sec down.

Pete (Milko) ran 12.5 all day long on standard boost, standard turbos, standard internals with just filters and decat, and his car was stripped of carpets, sound dendening, rear seats, parcel shelf etc. Now I think he was running about 350HP, so in your theory another 100HP would mean cracking the 11's.

Edited : And dont forget I am a drag newbie - only 10/12 runs
:) :)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hedgehog Dodger said:
so in your theory another 100HP would mean cracking the 11's.
I meant that is what I would need at the moment to crack the 11's but Im not talking about doing it in a Skyline (yet) ;)

If you can get your 60ft times down to 1.5 or 1.4.... well, that would be pretty spectacular

Jeff.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jay_bee said:
I meant that is what I would need at the moment to crack the 11's but Im not talking about doing it in a Skyline (yet) ;)

If you can get your 60ft times down to 1.5 or 1.4.... well, that would be pretty spectacular

Jeff.
Ahh right, sorry pal. My bad. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :smokin:

·
Registered
224 Posts
You'd need to lose some serious weight to hit 11s if you already have 425-450 bhp. The more power you have the less effect the weight loss has.
I lost 50kg off my Gtir and with smaller tyres I ran 0.3 faster next time out, but then my car currently weighs about 1130kg on the strip.
I'd have thought you'd have enough power already to hit the 11s, just need to improver your launch and change gear faster. (I'm goind 12.4s with only 275ish bhp)

·
Registered
450 Posts
Your getting there Dan, practice is all you need m8, I'm sure of it (and a cooler day!) and 11's will come. I'd get yourself a headlight duct, I noticed a big difference with mine in the 32.

I went slightly quicker, witha 13.319 @ 102 mph, not bad foe 1800cc FWD and N/A!

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Milko said:
Your getting there Dan, practice is all you need m8, I'm sure of it (and a cooler day!) and 11's will come. I'd get yourself a headlight duct, I noticed a big difference with mine in the 32.

I went slightly quicker, witha 13.319 @ 102 mph, not bad foe 1800cc FWD and N/A!
Thats bloody good pal. I am getting there, the launches are better, but I think the weight loss will help. Your motor sounded evil at idle pal.

Good luck at the Pod :)

·
Registered
613 Posts
did an 11.9 with stage 1 r33gtr today with a bit of help from the wonderful wizard:)
12.1 without coulda have got a lower 11 but the nos ran out!!!:smokin:

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I just got back from USC and I'm really puzzled....

The first time I have ever run the R32, got 401 @fly and ran a 13.1 - I thought OK, not a bad first start I guess. 2nd Run I missed 3rd gear (at high revs my short shift seems really awkward to get into gear) and ran 13.4. 3rd run missed the gear again, but must have done something ok as I got a 13.2.

Got ****ed off, thought the car was capable of more, didn’t think I was bad at getting off the lights, but she just seemed to struggle on the final part of the run. Couldn’t make my mind up if it was a good idea to keep 3rd all the way to the line as I A: would be revving the heart out of it, or B: change to 4th and lost the time to change gear, but maybe develop a little more grunt as 4th picks up???

Anyway, that was with half a tank of fuel, some stereo stuff and a spare wheel still in the car, so we got back, and went to town taking everything out, ran down to just under a 1/4 tank of fuel. Was positive on the line the next day and ran a bloody 13.5 and a 14 second 1/4.

I didn't even bother with my 3rd run, just gave up and went home. GRRR.

I don't know if it’s my driving, the short shift making life difficult (cause it actually doesn't speed up changes as it makes it difficult getting across the gate from 2nd to 3rd) or whether my car simply isn't capable of getting better times.

Spec:

PFC ECU
HKS Exhaust
Apexi Filters
De-Cat

326 @ wheels IIRC (think that’s 401 @ fly according to GT Art)

I tried different types of launches, mainly from about 4-5k letting clutch out fairly fast, seemed to get good grip and launches. The observations from my friends were that it looked like the car was running out of steam on the back half of the track. I don't know, I was tired and gave up in the end. Dragging isn't the be all and end all - but it would have been nice to at least get into the 12's....

Cheers

·
Registered
93 Posts
i went usc and managed a [email protected], (gtst)

was well happy as the car was unmapped,had a cracked manifold,and standard tyres. i think i could manage 11s once its mapped and sorted.

the times should be better on a colder day as it was really hot there

·
Registered
450 Posts
DaleHarrison said:
I can't remember the 60ft times, will check the slip when i get home, but terminals were never faster than 106mph I think
106 terminal is good for a 12.... 1/4, I'd guess you aint launching it hard enough, but it was VERY hot down there over the wk-end which isnt good for anything, except maybe grip.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Milko said:
106 terminal is good for a 12.... 1/4, I'd guess you aint launching it hard enough, but it was VERY hot down there over the wk-end which isnt good for anything, except maybe grip.
I hope the heat was the reason for the poor performance on the track - to be honest it really pis*ed me off and I didn't want to continue if I wasn't going to get any closer to a 12.

Incidentally, the data from each run is:

Run 1:

1/4 Mile - 13.148
Terminal Speed - 105.62
60ft - 1.922

Run 2: (missed 3rd gear)

1/4 Mile - 13.437
Terminal Speed - 100.24
60ft - 1.906

Run 3: (missed 3rd gear)

1/4 Mile - 13.203
Terminal Speed - 103.20
60ft - 1.872

My old Pulsar with 265 bhp @ fly ran the following at USC in '04

Run 1:

1/4 Mile: 13.082
Terminal Speed - 102.36
60ft - 1.833

Run 2: (Ran this pass with silly boost and everything stripped out, its not an everyday setup as A: It was impractical and B: It would blow up!)

1/4 Mile - 12.366
Terminal Speed - 109.19
60ft - 1.772

Cheers

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
it is depressing. I have a 34 gtt, with no spare wheel but full interior i was getting mid 13's and about 107 terminals. It was my first ever drag outing though and put it down to that, was severley gutted though and am looking to loose some weight for next year but must admist i think its lack of experience so will have to just keep going!

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Cardiff R33 said:
it is depressing. I have a 34 gtt, with no spare wheel but full interior i was getting mid 13's and about 107 terminals. It was my first ever drag outing though and put it down to that, was severley gutted though and am looking to loose some weight for next year but must admist i think its lack of experience so will have to just keep going!
Oh I definitely put most of my times down to lack of experience with the car, although at the next large GTROC meet I will get some of you that have more 32 experience to take the car for a small drive so I can get some feedback on it. I definitely think that the short shift is either not working properly or not suited for this gear box as it makes changing gear a bit slower in my opinion as it is stiff and struggles to engage (hence two missed 3rd gear changes - and without being big headed, I am not a 'bad' driver)

Getting someone else’s opinion of the car would help me immensely to gain an idea of where to focus my cash next :)

Thanks,

Dale.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts