GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had a run out last nite, and on my way home just give a little with the right foot and.......BANG!!!!!!!!....... I just wanted to crawl into a hole, not being any good about engins or the like my firt thought was the turbo, no power, not wanting to idle, missing, but not a lot of exhauts smoke, oil pressure down, but not loads. anyone got a idea who could help, or anyone in the north west who may be able to repair or renew I think they are HKS 2350 steel turbos.....please....

·
Registered
448 Posts
Make sure its not something simple like an intercooler pipe blowing off!

Butuz
I agree, check the pipework first. I blew a turbo (std ceramic one) car idles fine runs as normal, no miss. To blow a GT2530 you must be doing about 3+bar!....:D Deffo sounds like pipework, pop one of those off and the air/fuel goes mental, missing, over fuelling, black smoke, stalling etc.

Heres hoping its a quick fix.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks lads, just hope it is somthing simple but still not shure what im looking for, r they the hard pipe coolers ? not much room to see, a lot of engine in there, but ill have a look 2moz weather permitting

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
Thanks lads, just hope it is somthing simple but still not shure what im looking for, r they the hard pipe coolers ? not much room to see, a lot of engine in there, but ill have a look 2moz weather permitting
Yeah the big pipes to the intercooler and onto the engine. Obviously are under a lot of pressure. Usually a pipe popping off is accompanied by sooty smoke from the exhaust as the car runs very rich.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
I would have said intercooler pipes - not sure why the oil pressure would drop - could that be that you've not been watching it recently so it just seems lower.

Good luck, hope it's something simple.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I would have said intercooler pipes - not sure why the oil pressure would drop - could that be that you've not been watching it recently so it just seems lower.

Good luck, hope it's something simple.
always keep an eye on the oil pressure, and check it.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Could it be that the oil pressure is just lower because the car is struggling to idle? the lower the idle speed the lower the oil pressure...

Have you checked the boost pipes yet, do you know exactly what to check?

Rob

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
had a look to day all pipes seem to be fixed good, but it looks like i need to take the front off to get to the front intercooler.:runaway:
thanks for the intrest lads. will keep u posted

·
Banned
319 Posts
Just had a run out last nite, and on my way home just give a little with the right foot and.......BANG!!!!!!!!....... I just wanted to crawl into a hole, not being any good about engins or the like my firt thought was the turbo, no power, not wanting to idle, missing, but not a lot of exhauts smoke, oil pressure down, but not loads. anyone got a idea who could help, or anyone in the north west who may be able to repair or renew I think they are HKS 2350 steel turbos.....please....
what oil pump you got?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Found the problem. a broken dump valve, with a big help and a thaks to John car32. top man.:squintdan.. so anyone out there with 1 or maybe 2 HSK dump valves for sale please let me no, thanks to all who returned comments, thoughts, and advice :bowdown1: :bowdown1:

·
Registered
448 Posts
Glad to hear that it is just a relatively easy fix ;) . Just a word of warning though about your thoughts on fitting an HKS dump valve :nervous: , make sure they are the recirc. type or at least SSQV's so you can buy a recirc. kit for them, reason being GT-R's do not like running atmosperic dump valves, plays havoc with the fuelling :bawling: . The intake system with AFM's dont like to "loose" air from the induction loop it causes the car to run rich etc. I am sure some of the other guys will tell you the same (this is what I have been told anyway) better to run recirc. dump valves ;) .

Hope this helps :D

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
Found the problem. a broken dump valve, with a big help and a thaks to John car32. top man.:squintdan.. so anyone out there with 1 or maybe 2 HSK dump valves for sale please let me no, thanks to all who returned comments, thoughts, and advice :bowdown1: :bowdown1:
What broke? I have heard of sticking dump valves but not broken ones. Has a diaphragm gone?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yep, dump valve split in halfe from where there fitted, hard to understand, but looking at where its split looks like it started a some time ago due to the colour of it, but its here in front of me.

I no I need to get the same sort of dump valve, will have to see what comes back to me.

·
Registered
558 Posts
ive never seen it before, where the bov fits into the pipework it has a circlip that holds it in,the bov had snapped not a clean break it looks like its been craked for a while and blowing, then blown it off.not sure why might have been dropped at some time and craked it

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.