GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had MH change all the fluids after my track day heroics (well, I thought it was heroic!)

Engine oil, Tranny and diff fluids.

Any takers for how much?

·
Registered
816 Posts
Q Dr Evil "1 Billion pounds!" ;), mmm seriously though i'm hoping you posting this because it was cheaper than you thought?? £650

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
£604.28

not bad I thought!

·
Registered
352 Posts
£604.28

not bad I thought!
Who was that with? It seems that you have effectively had an 18k mile service which was originally being quoted at over £900. Can you give us a breakdown of materials? I was going to go for the Nissan service plan for the first three years, but if I can get those prices I won't bother!

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The change was done at Middlehursts. Andy M told me the other week that their prices will be cheaper as their labour rates are lower than all other HPCs.

Breakdown...

Labour sub total £75.00

Washer, Drain £1.31
Filter ASSY-OI £7.00
Brake Cleaner £1.75
MOBIL 1 5 litres £60.00
GTR AT 80W90 8 litres £320.40
R35 F/R 75W140 DIF 3 litres £60.00

Part Subtotal £450.46

Grand total inc VAT @ 15% £604.28

·
Registered
485 Posts
The change was done at Middlehursts. Andy M told me the other week that their prices will be cheaper as their labour rates are lower than all other HPCs.
For real?! I will be having a word with Marshall's if that's the case...

·
Registered
352 Posts
For real?! I will be having a word with Marshall's if that's the case...
Me too! The original service costs had 2.5 hrs of labour at £120 ph. I.e. £300! So how do Middlehursts do it for £75??

Is there an optimisation service every 6k miles? If so, i guess it's not really free, but the cost is bundled in the labour charge for the main service??

·
Premium Member
1,327 Posts

Breakdown...

Labour sub total £75.00

Washer, Drain £1.31
Filter ASSY-OI £7.00
Brake Cleaner £1.75
MOBIL 1 5 litres £60.00
GTR AT 80W90 8 litres £320.40
R35 F/R 75W140 DIF 3 litres £60.00

Part Subtotal £450.46

Grand total inc VAT @ 15% £604.28
i know my guesstimate was on the high side, but i was kind of preparing myself subconsciously for the worst.

Bet u was well chuffed.

Happy days, bet i sleep a bit easier 2nite :)

Still bloody expensive that tranny oil though.

Edit:£450 plus vodka and tonic is £517.50. I take it there was something else on the invoice CC

·
Registered
669 Posts
Edit:£450 plus vodka and tonic is £517.50. I take it there was something else on the invoice CC
Labour at a very reasonable £75

So expensive but much better than some of the quotes we have seen. Will be interesting to see what price my HPC wants?

Rich

·
Registered
485 Posts
Me too! The original service costs had 2.5 hrs of labour at £120 ph. I.e. £300! So how do Middlehursts do it for £75??

Is there an optimisation service every 6k miles? If so, i guess it's not really free, but the cost is bundled in the labour charge for the main service??
Paul

Careful - this was only a fluid change, not a service...

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Tyres looked pretty good considering how hot the day was.

The labour charge was the real surprise. I'd already spoken with Andy regarding the amount of tranny fluid needed. He said whilst Nissan stated 10 litres, they only ever used 8 litres on every GTR they'd done.

Personally I'm very happy to see the scaremongering related to service charges is somewhat overdone.

Yes I'd prefer a scenario where fluids didnt changing every trackday, but at least I'm not gonna get bent over and fiddled with when it needs it.

All in all my trackday cost a fair few bob considering I followed Nissan's wish to have the car inspected and setup for the track and then changed the fluids as per their recommendation.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts