GTR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I wasn't too happy with the standard shift paddles, so today I replaced them with these beauties (thanks Jonny!):

Comparison:

And installed:

I also used this opportunity to clean the components, and apply a fresh coat of grease so shifting is now butter smooth, love it!

My first impressions are:
- it looks S T U N N I N G
- the CF has a very nice feel to it
- the shift feel overall has improved greatly
- I like that I can shift using an underhand grip
- I like that I can shift from higher up the steering wheel, but, you do feel some flex when all the way at the top

My rating: 9/10 (would be 10/10 if not for the tiny bit of flex higher up).

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi all,

So after about a week of ownership, I have to admit the top-end flex is slowly starting to ruin the (otherwise positive) experience for me :(

I had a quick look to see where it's coming from, and it appears as if the hole in the paddle does not fit the pivot pin perfectly.
Here's some clips to show the problem.

Movement within the base mount:
http://youtu.be/sl3UZANuchg

Full rang of paddle motion:
http://youtu.be/gEGoBa1giVQ

I've mailed JCR, but meanwhile I'm curious if anyone else is having the same issue, or did I just get a faulty set?

·
Registered
68 Posts
paddles

Hi all , recently I bought this pair of carbon fiber paddles from R35tt, this is a brand new item in their catalogue, you can order them in any colour, I mean +&-.
The quality is awesome, the hole fits the pivot pin perfectly.
Sorry for the low quality pic
Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
199 Posts
I've got the same paddle's. I can't say I've noticed any play in mine, but I'll have a good check when I'm back from work next week.

Otherwise, JCR is really helpful, so sure you'll be sorted before I get a chance to check anyway!

·
Premium Member
2,517 Posts
Did you check for flex because I have the same thing and am wondering if its a batch issue? JCR have promised me a fix but nothing yet.

·
Registered
875 Posts
I love the feel of them when shifting.

Really high quality product, I've seen a few of the cheaper ones in the flesh too and these are of a much higher quality, which is reflected in the price.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Did you check for flex because I have the same thing and am wondering if its a batch issue? JCR have promised me a fix but nothing yet.
Well, after installing the second set Jonny sent me to try, which made no difference, I decided to take some measurements.

My OEM paddle (8mm pivot pin):

The JCR paddle (7.5mm pivot pin):

As you can see, there's a small difference (approx. 0.5mm) in the pivot pin.
This pivot pin fits inside a notch in the housing, which is what keeps the paddle in place - any gap here will result in movement like the one described (and shown in the video).

I've communicated this to Jonny, who suspected it to be a CBA/DBA adjustment, but decided to not pursue it any further after that (especially as I seemed to be the only one having this issue).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts