GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys Ive been a member here for a long time but have lost touch since I sold my R34 GT-T.

I live in New York, USA and have been importing the 25+ year old cars into the USA for a couple years now. I finally found myself a Nismo R32 GT-R that I could legally import into the US and bought it for myself :)

Needless to say I have fallen in love again with the Skyline feel and this time in a completely different way.

The car has about 113,000KM on it and is about 95% OEM which is perfect since this car is so rare.

I hope to be posting a lot more pics of this car bouncing around the US and excited to be back on the forum!

Attachments

·
Administrator
31,749 Posts
Do mind me asking what sort of Cost it was? Intrigued to know where the US market is at.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Very nice, so jealous right now, it's hard to find a good example r32; let alone a early V-Spec.

Did this come up by chance or have you had your eyes on it for some time?

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Is this the first American imported r32 since the 25 year rule on gtroc ? This is a good thing
You can get special compensation to import a car into the US if it is a limited edition or special model if you bring it in as a show car. Being it is a Nismo R32 (0-560 Nismo assembled)

·
Registered
5,593 Posts
Hi, R32 novice here, what makes this car a Nismo car? To me it looks to have standard exterior, I've no idea about it engine-wise.

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Hi, R32 novice here, what makes this car a Nismo car? To me it looks to have standard exterior, I've no idea about it engine-wise.
Like I said in my previous post, it is "called" a Nismo R32 GT-R as is was one of the first 560 of the GTRs built, they were plucked off the chassis line and some of it hand assembled by Nismo. From what I gather this was mainly due to a lack of the automatic lines not being up and running for the GTR at the time, only the basic Skyline.
It's not really much different to the standard GTR, it does have the N1 block IIRC, and some of them have deleted parts like rear wipers, radio, A/C etc.

·
Premium Member
3,835 Posts
Like I said in my previous post, it is "called" a Nismo R32 GT-R as is was one of the first 560 of the GTRs built, they were plucked off the chassis line and some of it hand assembled by Nismo. From what I gather this was mainly due to a lack of the automatic lines not being up and running for the GTR at the time, only the basic Skyline.
It's not really much different to the standard GTR, it does have the N1 block IIRC, and some of them have deleted parts like rear wipers, radio, A/C etc.
Not the first 560 and not an N1 block.

Nismo version was the Group A evolution homologation model. 5000 units required for initial Grp A homologation then 500 required for an evolution version. Most famous evo version of any car is probably the RS500 Sierra.

Allowed Nismo to improve the aerodynamics with the bonnet lip, bumper vents, rear sill spats and the boot lip spoiler. Also a few minor weight saves, no air con, no abs, no rear wiper. Engine wise just bigger steel turbos capable of 600hp instead of the std ceramics at 450.

Other than that a nice sticker on the boot.

In all not a lot but the limited run and the competion link guarantees an anorak following.

·
Premium Member
3,835 Posts
They did make 560 though, all in 1990 and all gunmetal.

N1 version was similar but for Group N1 circuit racing. Only 228 and all Crystal White.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts