GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would you be happy with fecking rotary wire brush marks all around your rear previously unmarked rear disc hubs?

Just curious:mad:

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
Sorry to see that. I'd be fuming for sure. Can't think of any reason why that would be done? I know the hubs sometimes need a clean (more likely front, though to stop the clicking etc) but the disc hats on the rear? Weird

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
should I mail some pics over to those concerned do you think?

not sure where it might get me,but?

I do take some pride in my car.

before

·
Premium Member
6,279 Posts
i would think that was done to clean up the mating face to prevent clicking

·
Registered
67 Posts
i would think that was done to clean up the mating face to prevent clicking
I think its only the fronts that click :)
Either way its not acceptable ! Many of us take a huge amount of time and effort to keep these cars looking mint, and its hurtful when people just dont use common sense or just dont care !
Let them know - see what they say then take if from there !
Remember reputation is everything in the "supercar" market !

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I happened to mention that the rear brake pads rattled(on one side)

....and still do/or did despite the 1 hour labour charge

should of done it meself in the first place as I had both the wheels off today,attempting to minimise the damage

·
Registered
67 Posts
I feel your pain and frustration - I spent hours on each corner with a dremel and brass wire brush polishing all the rotor mounting bolts, then the hub, and painted that with two stage foliatec caliper paint, I would be so p*****d if they had done this to mine !
Their attitude would be - ahhh just by some new alcon rotors and bells from us at £1,200 + fitting !

·
Vendor
3,764 Posts
With Reano on this one.

Everybody makes mistakes, just human error.

The part of concern is how they deal with it.

If they agree to rectify it free of charge then all's we'll.

If they argue the toss, then just slate them on here.

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
To do the damage in the first place is a mistake, but to then not report it/apologise isn't. If the hubs were being cleaned then whoever did that work MUST have known they damaged the brake bells, but chose to deliberately keep quiet. Will be interesting to see what the outcome is. Hopefully the OP gets it fixed (and compensation for time/expenses, if appropriate).

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
To be honest.Im too old and too chicken shit to kick up a fuss.

The damage was done by some orangotang minus technician just being totally careless and without any thought or attention whatsoever

anyways the discs are getting towards the end of their life....had they of been a new primo set then perhaps a completely different story? but with so many people sounding the plaudits for this placeo_O

and I hate to say but I will prolly go back there next year.The only proviso being that if anyone goes near my car with a wirebrush and a careless attitude I will cut their fucking hands off

·
R35 Section manager
11,252 Posts
To be honest.Im too old and too chicken shit to kick up a fuss.

The damage was done by some orangotang minus technician just being totally careless and without any thought or attention whatsoever

anyways the discs are getting towards the end of their life....had they of been a new primo set then perhaps a completely different story? but with so many people sounding the plaudits for this placeo_O

and I hate to say but I will prolly go back there next year.The only proviso being that if anyone goes near my car with a wirebrush and a careless attitude I will cut their fucking hands off
You definitely need to speak with them mate. It's not right if the car has been damaged, even more so if you intend to carry on using them.

Personally I would get them to fix it and move on. I cant recommend SRD highly enough

·
Super Moderator
16,092 Posts
I'd ring them up friendly and advise them what you found. You can say you're not looking to make a fuss or get new discs out of it but they ought to know what they've done as other customers might not be as forgiving. If they're decent they'll give you a discount on your next bit of work.

·
Registered
726 Posts
bit lost on this one , i would expect the whole surface to be cleaned , then anti-seize , thin layer.

Have they slipped and went off the mating surface ?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts