GTR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I´m about to upgrade my brakes on my R33GTR.
And i look at these K-sport/D2 as a possible choice.
But i only read bad things about this because it´s cheaper then other brands.
Now i want to know if there is somebody who have real experience of these brakes.
Not somebody that heard of ,or read about that somebody speculate in some things.
Is there somebody that now something about these brakes, bad or good from there own experience..please let me know.

cheers

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
I run the 330mm k sport 8 pots with ferodo 2500, braided lines and brake stopper on my 550 hp RB26ed 34GT

They are awesome on the road

Awesome on track

only gripe is the orange paint has faded due to cleaning fluids used by carwash chaps - i heard this has since been fixed as ive had my set 2 yrs +

they often get slagged off by brand snobs with no experience of using them but i really cant fault the stopping power for the money

hope that helps :D

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great to see somebody used these for long time:)
I see many use these in drifting so there must be much experience there.
But it´s sad that it is only people that don´t know or only guessing that wright about them.

Thanks for your answer

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
I've been using the 356mm 8 pot K-sport front brake kit for well over a year now. These brakes transformed my car over the standard Brembo set-up and I have a lot of faith in these on the road. I recently went from about 80mph to a dead stop on the motorway with very little effort and no real drama, except the cars behind me swerving about under heavy braking caused some slight concern.

Admittedly I haven't driven a Skyline with APs or more expensive brakes, hence I can't compare them, I can only tell you that these sorted out one of the main issues on my car and for the money I'm delighted :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've been using the 356mm 8 pot K-sport front brake kit for well over a year now. These brakes transformed my car over the standard Brembo set-up and I have a lot of faith in these on the road. I recently went from about 80mph to a dead stop on the motorway with very little effort and no real drama, except the cars behind me swerving about under heavy braking caused some slight concern.

Admittedly I haven't driven a Skyline with APs or more expensive brakes, hence I can't compare them, I can only tell you that these sorted out one of the main issues on my car and for the money I'm delighted :)
Thanks mate..nice to hear your experience.
I´m looking at 356mm and 8 pot to acctually.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts

I'm pretty much the same with the 330mm kit and DS2500's... I don't need to spend thousands on track proven brakes when the car is only used on the road. I've been over the moon with mine :).

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
Yea i have the 356 8 pots on my r32 with ds3000's. Do work well when up to heat but you get alot of pad knock and squell of them after hard use but not going to swap them for anything else. I have warpped discs some how and will change them for ap discs like Adam has done. They have had them on their TA car for a long time now and i think the only problems they have had is a set of cracked discs after many many track days :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi,to all with the upgrade brakes(K Sport),
Where do you get replacement disc or different material brake pads from? Do you have to get them from K Sport dealers. Read someone with DS2500 pads ,does Ferodo actually have a part number for it?
Regards,
Ken.

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,203 Posts
Just a quick question/thought. If these units are AP copies would AP spare parts work on them. It sounds like AP discs work - what about the other bits like caliper rebuild kits?

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I have 8-pots front, 6-pots rear and 356 discs with Ferodo DS2500s too. The Ferodos seem to be a common choice for this brake setup. No complaints about mine so far, they seem to pull up rather rapidly with no fuss. The previous owner of my car fitted them just before I bought it.

Result, as they say.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
I had the D2 356mm 8 piston front and 6 piston rear brakes.
Took it on a track day and the street pad was not up to the job for sure, go DS2500 for sure.

Also, after a track day, it feel like it wasn't stopping as well. I thought it was because my tyres being 265 wide is generating alot of grip, so the car wouldn't lock the front wheels.
Upon inspection, I find the inside of both of my front disk have rusted.
The pistons had seized...No wonder i wasn't able to lock my front wheels anymore.

·
Registered
798 Posts
i have the 8 pot 330mm G4 racing kit(identical to ksport/d2) on the front of my 600bhp 32.Im running carbone lorraine pads which are good but really dusty..yellow dust..really hard to wash off.

Overall i think there pretty good..not excellent but AWAY better than standard..looking forward to putting new discs on.Mine are slighty warped.

Wheres the best place to buy the rotars?What brand and how much??

1 - 16 of 16 Posts