GTR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies guys! :thumbsup:

@Daryl: what are these like - How much would one of these be delivered to the UK? Am I right in thinking these meet the Jasma 93db limit? if so I was after something a little louder...

@Justin: Sounds interesting (no pun intended!:)) Which model have you got? I know a couple of people with Kakimoto's on their GTR's so am fairly accustomed to the ear-bleed inducing volumes they push out :D I've got an IMPUL sytem on my car at the moment, which makes a nice rumble, if you fancied something quieter and doing a part ex/cash type deal..? I'll see if I can do a recording of it if your interested... (Failing that a straight sale would be fine too depending on which model you have) :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
R33 in white, same as in your avatar.

It's from down pipes back.

I'm getting a 4" stainless free flow made for me to try and make track regs.

If you want it, we can arrange to have yours up on a ramp to see if it fits, if it doesn't fit we can adjust it to fit.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lol - sorry, I meant which model Kakimoto have you got? The full dual, or the Full Mega N1 Premium? Should def fit if its come from your R33 and going on to mine...

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
i have one a few months old. i want to get rid of it as its to loud for me. If you can find me a Hks silent power one i will swap with you.

Mine is for R34 Gtr tho , dont know if it will fit your car?

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@matty: I'm not sure if it will. I know r32 ones fit the 33 with a bit of 'modding' of one of the hangers, but I have no idea about 34 exhausts...

@Justin: YHPM

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
ouch 127 dbs!

im going to get my full mega n1 dual sound reg'd at JTS, dread to think what it will record!

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
If you contact Geof at Hauser Racing he might still have the full race Kakimoto he took off the Garage Bomber. It's a Full system except back box. Tell him I said you could have it for nothing - although he would probably expect you to collect it!

Before you ask, its loud, but not I'm told as loud as the system I have on now......

DaveG

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Now that is one hell of an offer Dave!
Are you going to the 3rd round of the psds in a few weeks? I am desperately trying to re rota so i can go! Want to get some proper times out of the car! If you wanted to make me feel better when racing you could always have a run off boost against me! :p

John mate get on that! You will not get a better offer than that!

Chris

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
I'll go if possible, however JapShow is prime target in truth.

My turbo's are presently at AET for re-furbishment. After the car coughed its way to the Class win at Round 1 I was convinced that it was a map problem. On way home down M40 I also discovered that the ATS carbon Clutch (its only 18months old!) seemed to be slipping when giving it WOT on full boost. The extra horsepower seemed to have found a weakness - and this is the full drag spec clutch.

So new plates had to go in before we could run car on dyno, thats £1300 worth! We finally got it all together, ran car on dyno and confirmed it was a map issue.

Map was adjusted and car run again. Seemed OK. Gary decided to do another run and bearing let go on rear turbo. So game over, which is why I missed first round HKS and 2nd round at Shakey.

DaveG

1 - 14 of 14 Posts