GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Keen Snapper with good taste!

Ive a couple of experiences that spring to mind.

In Nottingham a couple of lads walking past me whilst stoped both looking and the car then got to the back at started cracking their fingers and saying bad, Skyline, bad. Ha Ha! Me and Charmaine were laughing our heads off, but still a nice comment, made me grin for a bit!

Another time, I parked over a drive whilst visiting a music shop for a guitar string, when I returned to the car I found a bloke taking pictures, I thought maybe it was to do with me parking over the drive, but he went on to say " My son says that people who drive Skylines must be superior beings, do you mind if I take some more pictures of the front", couldnt believe my ears, ( though true:D ) so I reversed back and he snapped away, then when driving off, I looked in my mirror and he was in the middle of the road taking more pictures as I drove off, though I think the pictures were for himself!

A keep snapper with good taste.

No Sh!te

Calv:D

·
Registered
8,531 Posts
Yah, it's a surreal experience.
2 quote's come to mind.

Me driving through the west end, a man turns to his misses and chants "SUBARU!"

Me parking in Covent Garden, walking away and hearing from afar a man talking to his friend:
"Now THAT'S a car!"
"Wow, what is it?"
"It's a Mitsubishi"

I've had people litterally jump in front of me when I'm doing 40MPH in order to take a photo. I've had car's follow me for absolute miles in order to get a closer look.

But the funniest is when I had an Evo VI Tommi Makinen. This Chinese neighbour of mine walked up and said:

"Ahh, Tommy Mackenzie!"

Hah, ace...

It's always amazing, however, that whenever we speak to these Skyline admirers, they always know someone with a 1000BHP Skyline.

Cem

·
Registered
213 Posts
To hear my mates speak in the pub when some asks about my car in the carpark. It is always 1000 bhp.

Its good though as I got brought a drink off the landlord the once. On the campsite in the lake disrict was the best i had a scout group next to me and they all asked if they could take pictures sitting in it

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
Well, I got home from work last night around about 5:30pm, I though that seeing as the sky was really clear and the sun would be setting shortly, I had time to give the car a quick wash, then head down to the beach for some quick photos with the setting sun, and the low moon.

I got the car all cleaned up, then off I went. Set the car up, with a beautiful sunset behind it, frost still on the grass glimmering in the low light. Whilst I got the tripod out, and the camera set up, you'll never guess what happend.

Anyway, I gave up, and went to the pub instead, but coming back to the car after a shandy, I couldn't help but laugh.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Killer Gulls

:D :D :D

Sorry mate, but THAT is funny...

Still, as I live right next door to Scotland's largest oil refinery and chemical works, I can sympathise mate. Any time I leave the car out, it gets covered in soot or sh1t.:rolleyes:

Top photo though;)

Andy T.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts