GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a R32 GTR at the moment , I have been thinking about selling it and getting a R33 v spec or possibly even stretching to a R34 v spec , how much better are the newer cars , I drove a R33 and thought it was alot nicer and more refined , how do the 34's compare to them , although they will never be as fast as the 32 are they better to drive ? are they worth paying that much more for? , some of the problem might be that I have not driven my car for 6 months , and that I am forgetting how good it was .
Brenhan.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
never be as fast as the 32

Hi Brenhan,

I'd like you to expand on the "never be as fast as the 32" because I was of the understanding that each of the R's got quicker around the ring and on paper when they were bought out.

having never driven or been in a 32 I cannot comment on it's performance but I can't wait to hear the answers....

Are we talking about standard car or modded ?

cheers
Steve

·
Registered
48 Posts
33 and 34

The 33 and 34 gtr might loose out on power to weight in standard form but they make up for this with improved downforce.Thats why they posted quicker times at the ring especialy the 34 with its front and rear diffusers.:smokin:

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I should have rephrased that , I meant in a straight line , I know the 33 and 34 are quicker point to point and on a large circuit , I just ment for the likes of Drag racing , with the R32 having an advantage because of its lesser weight. I hope I didnt offend anyone in saying that , I have not had much luck with my car on a circuit and oil surge destroyed my turbos , If I ever go on the track again I will have a baffled sump I think . what car is the most rewarding to drive ? I would love to drive around the 'ring but I am geographically challenged by living in New Zealand . I will do it one day though.
Brenhan.

·
Registered
534 Posts
fastest?

I'd guess the 32 would be better for dragging, because of the weight... But the R34's 6 speed standard box helps it out a lot!

Also the R32 is getting older and older so will start wearing out :(

·
Registered
534 Posts
Worn out

Hey Glen, I feel worn out right now, and I've only been up for an hour!

Must be that almost 40 thing :D

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
hey Brenhan,

I say you keep your R32 and go buy a R34 as a daily driver. My reason is the R32 will always be the classic legend, if you have one that is in good condition, keep it. and buy a R34 GTR now since they are still available new from Nissan, as the legendary RB26DETT will no longer be available in the R35 GTR.

That is what I will do if I can afford it.

Jeff

1 - 9 of 9 Posts