Votes: 29 85.3%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Talking on the phone to Keith tonight, he advised me that he has been banned from logging on and posting on this forum.

Keith informs me that the notice displayed when he attempts to log on to this forum states that he will not be allowed back on the forum at any time in the future.

I guess the forum is always bigger than any one member; however it's a sad day when the owner of the fastest 4WD car in Europe is banned for no reason that is obvious to me.

I have no idea what Keith did to **** the moderators off to cause this action and can only say that I am baffled by this latest turn of events.

I have over the years passed on what little I know about Skylines as a good gesture to those that helped me on the way through.

Maybe I'm a dinosaur and we don't need hard working dedicated people like Keith to aspire to. It doesn’t make this latest step any more pleasant to accept.

I expect this post will be removed, since it probably doesn’t toe the party line, however it would be good if one of the moderators explained the reasoning behind this decision.

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
I know keith has put a few noses out of joint, but he's persuing his dream any way he can. Sometimes he takes the pi$$, sometimes he doesn't.

Sure, I don't know the ins and outs of the situation, but I hope this decision is reversable.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Tell us all why moderators????????????????? before i make my comment

·
Registered
510 Posts
Errm , after reading that

i wonder what would happen if you did a pole on this hugh ;-

1. get new moderators

2. keep the same ones

3. dont care

I reckon they would be out !:chuckle:

·
Registered
717 Posts
it takes two to tango and jason baited him in that thread highlighted

So if keith is to be permantly banned should jason also be banned for starting on that thread?

Cant see that you can do one but not the other

·
Banned
695 Posts
it takes two to tango and jason baited him in that thread highlighted

So if keith is to be permantly banned should jason also be banned for starting on that thread?

Cant see that you can do one but not the other
Exactly

I can guarantee this will go unanswered though, i will get banned for having my say, or the thread will be deleted.

It seems as always that if you dont stay in line, you get booted out nowadays.

Superb post Hugh. Bravo.

Let the majority do the talking.

·
Registered
510 Posts
20-0 in keiths favour already - it just shows

I,ll be banned next:chuckle: :chuckle: :wavey:

·
Premium Member
1,415 Posts
EVERY OTHER FORUM MUST BE LAUGHING THER TITS OF AT US SKYLINE OWNERS.as a payed up member of the gtroc i dont want to come on here and fall out with anyone,i have attended many events and meet some nice people.idont bother with the skyline owners club forum much,even though i,m a member.i do prefer the gtroc for various reasons.but for me the biggest down side to the gtroc is it,s very clickey,not that i,ve ever had my nose shoved out of anything ,but the forum has rules OK but it seams very biast towords certain people and tuners,is that because the said tuners dont pay to the gtroc,there has been other situations like TOTB were some of the dissisons made did,nt seem fair.i know i will be told theres no such thing but it does seem like theres a sort of inner circle of people/moderators that if you dont agree with you get shot down and the more people seem to try and point this out the more thay get shoved out .ithink most people can see this as meny people have voiced there thoughts about this before,and that maybe one of the reasons why the skyline owners club has more members.PS DONT SHOOT ME DOWN THIS IS JUST MY THOUGHTS AS I SEE IT,AND NOT AIMED AT ANY ONE PERSON. i dont think kieth should be banned at least he talks about skyline which is what this forum is supposed to be about ,not a political opinion forum like some people use it for

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
"i dont think kieth should be banned at least he talks about skyline which is what this forum is supposed to be about ,not a political opinion forum like some people use it for"

Exactly what I was thinking........

·
Registered
477 Posts
Can we have a "dont care" option?

·
Registered
510 Posts
where are the mods , are they hiding ???? or dont they want to comment on the situation?????

·
Registered
477 Posts
There is a Don't Care Option it's called don't vote LOL
I think it would be beneficial for all to see how many people just dont give a shit either way

·
6,817 Posts
I underdstand all of your positions here guys, but let me clear up something.

The GTR.UK is not a charity site and belongs not to the world GTR community. It's a privat site, so if you moderate the forum or if you are one of the webmasters, you can do what you want,as long as you are happy with it.

The moderators here on forum did a big and good job since I can tell(following the sites evolution since 2002).
It shouldn't be our buisness to get in other peoples problems,as we're just involved by reading the told thread in the rant section.

For most here banning Keith, should in no way let us judge over him (like in the poll),as same the thread should not do the same against certain moderators.

My 2 cent
Peace:)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.