GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if I'll get banned for mentioning "he who mustn't be mentioned" :D but we've been out doing a bit of testing this weekend.

We've been at Shakespeare raceway with Keith this weekend.

We did some map tweeking on the saturday morning for the new fuel, and a few very minor glitches. In the afternoon we had a little play at different launch techniques and suspension set-ups etc, and finished the day with a pair of 9.2's at 150 odd.

Had a bit more of a play with set-up today and used the proper tyres to get a 9.02 at 140 odd (Will confrim the speed later) on street tires.

·
Registered
122 Posts
How come the terminal speeds are much lower than last year considering the higher HP output?

Have you not given it full beans yet?

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
I was there today, track wasnt that good IMO, not a lot of grip when i ran, on Keiths 9.27 run the launch was perfect, without the missing of third gear slightly that would have been sub nine without a doubt.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Congrats to **** as well, 10.2 and a personal best for him in the Lemon, that nine aint far away now :)

Unlucky about the diff tho mate, again!

·
Registered
510 Posts
well done keith

You have got to see an 8 to warrant all that extra money on this build.

Cord

why are the terminals down ??

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
Congrats to **** as well, 10.2 and a personal best for him in the Lemon, that nine aint far away now :)

Unlucky about the diff tho mate, again!
Thank you mate for that.
car felt brill today.
I have some very good videos from inside the car.
Well i beat the time the car had done in Japan twice now.:chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:
Time to take the Bride seats out and put the leather back in.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Well done ****

Ha harrrrrrrrrrr - you been stripping bits out of your car ****?:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,415 Posts
well done **** ,top man :bowdown1: NISMOMAN

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
Keith's car was truly AWESOME to watch today.
The runs i seen his terminals were 158 and 157 around there.
Thing we all have to remember is its the mans first time on the stripp in a year and a half.
For the people that have took there car on a drag strip you all know how hard it is.
He has a totally different set up.
I say fair [email protected] to him.

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
Thank you mate for that.
car felt brill today.
I have some very good videos from inside the car.
Well i beat the time the car had done in Japan twice now.:chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:
Time to take the Bride seats out and put the leather back in.

Hi ****,

You know how fond of your Lemon I am mate, so I wondered if you might be able to email and video captures you have made.

I'd love to see it action from the inside and always like to keep up with the latest news with the car.

Good to hear its out there doing what it does best **** :)

Glen.

email [email protected]

:)

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
No problem mate.

I am in the prosses of loading them now so wont be long.

Got to say as well Big thank you to Abbey Tony. Mark. Dano. Everyone there at Abbey.:smokin: :smokin: :smokin: Thank you.
Not only my Lemons tuners but also good friends.

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
No problem mate.
Thanks ****.

If you have any problems regarding encoding or editing the clips of the Lemon, let me know and I'll try and help.
I dabble occasionally in Video Editing on the PC so if you run into any difficulties fire me a PM mate

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
And ****, fair play to the lad who ran back to get the battery today so i could blow that tyre up!

Next in line with 9 psi isnt a good thing :D

Thanx again mate :)

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
And ****, fair play to the lad who ran back to get the battery today so i could blow that tyre up!

Next in line with 9 psi isnt a good thing :D

Thanx again mate :)

That was John my brother. Top man is John:bowdown1: :bowdown1: :bowdown1:

1 - 20 of 81 Posts