GTR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
anbody know where i can get my new GTR master key cut?

any laser cutters or similar?

ive just been to a local key cutter and he said he couldn't guarantee it!

not sure if my local Nissan dealer can do it?

its the R33 GTR Key btw. oh and im near Hull.......

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
I went to a Nissan dealer, but I got them to do a "trial" run first. My local dealer was pretty good, they tried cutting one of the cheapo Micra ones first with their machine before cutting the GTR key so that they could check to see if it was going to work (did not pay for that by the way).

I went to the dealer as I bought the key through them, actually cheaper than the ebay's etc.

·
Premium Member
4,975 Posts
Nissan main dealer will do it.
I phoned first and they were quite happy to do a trial key free of charge before doing the GTR key.

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
i went down to sainsburys and got mine cut it was fine!i did warn him that the blanks expensive but there was no guarantees!

·
Registered
715 Posts
A R33 key blank is about £30, an X-Trail key blank is about triple that, so its not that bad. Get your original key copied if you can, it always works better than cutting by key number.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
If you accidentally lock your key in the boot, you can call a guy who will come out and cut you a new one from your door lock..

Costs a hundred quid mind..

Live and learn eh..

·
Registered
663 Posts
got mine for a £5 from local key cutter just incase anything happen to my one and only GTR key :p

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok just setting off to main dealer to see what happens!! fingers crossed!!!!:clap:

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
been to main nissan dealer and was cut perfect just by entering the code that was stamped on my spare! and the best bit.....cost me nothing!!!:clap:

·
Registered
6,784 Posts
I had my NISMO keys cut by the local cobblers wife!

She said "no guarantees" that it would work, but she took her time and hey presto! PERFECT!

Best bit......it cost £3.00!

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
Whats the difference then between the Skyline key and the 300zx one ? I got one cut locally from a cobblers for my 300 and it was £2.50 or summin, He even went out and checked and adjusted it so it worked properly.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
i really want to get the R34 style for my R33, but was told they could not
cut it. Has anyone sucessfully done this and what type of alteration was
necessary to make it work?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Marky_GTSt said:
Whats the difference then between the Skyline key and the 300zx one ? I got one cut locally from a cobblers for my 300 and it was £2.50 or summin, He even went out and checked and adjusted it so it worked properly.
When someone finds your skyline key they know what car to nick :p

·
Registered
100 Posts
ROB_GTR said:
been to main nissan dealer and was cut perfect just by entering the code that was stamped on my spare! and the best bit.....cost me nothing!!!:clap:
Hi Rob, is your main dealer Dixons? Just wondering cos I work for Dixons in York and we dont have key cutting facilities and I wanna get mine done as I have no spare

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Went to my local key curret and they guy user 4 blanks before cutting my GTR key and it was spot on. He then gave me the other working key as a spare for a total price of £0 :clap: must have been the car

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
raaaaaaay said:
Hi Rob, is your main dealer Dixons? Just wondering cos I work for Dixons in York and we dont have key cutting facilities and I wanna get mine done as I have no spare

yes mate i believe Nissan in Hull is Dixons! thats where i went...Priory Park Hessle! took him 2mins and was perfect! top bloke too!:bowdown1:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts