GTR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Odd one today. The car starts fine and all looks good while in Park. As soon as I select drive or reverse the small key symbol lights up on the dash. Car drives fine apart from the occasional sluggish downshift.
I have done a shed load of googling today and most issues that state this issue also state the car won't start whereas mine does. I did find a thread earlier today where somebody had this issue and it stated a shift select fault code was present which caused the light. ( I'm searched for the link now).
I have followed this procedure Got a Check Engine light? Clear it and figure out what code it is without a code reader - Service & Maintenance but still have had no luck.

I have changed batteries in the fob and I have also plugged the key in to the dash and all symptoms continue.

Can anybody shed some light on this? It's a MY17 car.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Link found earlier today.

·
Vendor
6,238 Posts
Can be the tracker playing up which also bring on the yellow key light, when it packs up the key light will stay on and car won't start but if its intermittent in can cause the light to come on whilst the car is running without immobilisation of the vehicle. We have come across this issues on one or two gtr's over the years, same symptoms as you have described. If you want to eliminate it we can bypass the tracker, we are based in Birmingham if that helps.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Takamo, when the ghost was fitted the tracker was bypassed at my request (I have no idea how) could these symptoms still exist with a bypassed tracker?

·
Vendor
6,238 Posts
Depends who bypassed it, if we did it then it'll be completely disconnected from the vehicle and no couldn't cause this issue otherwise yes if only partially removed

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Securacar fitted the Ghost and to be fair they have been very helpful with their after sales service. The tracker stopped clicking immediately after the ghost was fitted.

I'll give the installer a call tomorrow and see if he can remember how it was disconnected.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A quick update on this. The key light appears to be intermittent and can disappear while driving and re-appear while driving. It is 100% linked to the dodge downshifts as while the key light is on downshifts are very sluggish, but when the light is off everything is working fine.
I have just made a quick trip to ACSpeedtech who very helpfully (without notice) cleared the fault codes on the car and I had a trouble free drive home. We will watch this space to see if the issue continues.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It wasn't one code, there was around eight B codes which need further investigation. The car is booked in with AC Speedtech for a service in a month so we are going to do some proper digging then.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The issue is still not fixed, one thing I have noticed is when I approach the car to get in the small red led in the dash will just be a solid red light, I unlock the car the light remains on, I start the car and the light remains on and the key light will always come on when I select a gear.
If I approach the car and the led is flashing every 2 seconds or so then I know it will be a good day and the car will behave as it should, the light goes out when I unlock the car and the key light is not present when selecting gear.
Anyway, the reason I am telling you this is that when I come to lock the car, as soon as I press "lock" on the fob the LED flashes very quickly for around 10 to 20 seconds before then flashing normally every 2 seconds. Can somebody please pay attention to their LED then next time you lock your car and report back to me with what should be the "normal" behaviour of this LED.
Thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
This is what is written in the owners manual;
Confirm that the security indicator light comes on. The security indicator light stays on for about 30 seconds. The vehicle security system is now pre-armed. After about 30 seconds the vehicle security system automatically shifts into the armed phase. The security light begins to flash once every approximately 3 seconds. If, during this 30-second pre-arm time period, the door is unlocked, or the ignition switch is pushed to ACC or ON, the system will not arm.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It also states " If the NISSAN Vehicle Immobilizer System is malfunctioning, this light will remain on while the ignition switch is in the ON position. If the light still remains on and/or the engine will not start......" I can drive though albeit with dodgy gear changes. This can sporadically rectify itself while driving too. The manual also does not mention rapid flashing for 20 seconds just after locking the vehicle. I'm at a loss with this.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I don`t have my car at home at the minute it`s in storage,but i`m 99,9% sure mine blinks rapidly after locking then the usual every two or three seconds.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts