GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, sometimes my keyless entry doesn’t work I have to use the fob and the keyless start I have to plug my key in to get the car to start. I changed the battery a while back and it’s a little annoying. Any ideas please or is it a common glitch?

It’s a 2014 model 64 plate.
Regards
K.....

·
Vendor
6,274 Posts
Your not using a key protection bag are you, if not then as said try another battery and get it from a reputable outlet like timpsons or halfords, get them to check the fob battery with a tester first. The lithium batteries have a shelf life and a brand new sealed battery can be dead or near dead so don't think just because you changed it recently that it was full upon purchase. Hope this helps

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Your not using a key protection bag are you, if not then as said try another battery and get it from a reputable outlet like timpsons or halfords, get them to check the fob battery with a tester first. The lithium batteries have a shelf life and a brand new sealed battery can be dead or near dead so don't think just because you changed it recently that it was full upon purchase. Hope this helps
Yes I am using a key protection bag, has this anything to do with my problem? I’ll change the battery too. Thanks m8

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
I had a simular issue with the 370, except even putting the key into the car holder didn't work.

I fixed mine by disconnecting the battery, making sure the ecu was completely drained of power (press stop/start a few times), reconnected the battery and hey presto all worked fine after.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
596 Posts
Hehe. No m8. It’s in my pocket. Lol.
Daft question, but same pocket?

I had a problem once that my tracker fob was in the same pocket as the bag and got called up to check my car wasn't being stolen. So doesn't need to be actually in the bag to interfere with the signal (and do it's job, lol)

·
Premium Member
349 Posts
Had same problem too with my Murano - I changed batteries in the key fob and it worked. As Takamo says, it could be the new battery is dead/weak straight from the packet. I ended up getting a battery from a jewellers and had them test it so I knew it would be OK. Hope you get the issue fixed :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts