GTR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm not sure if it's me or what but I am experiencing a lot of lag when I'm in 6th gear I put my foot down, it takes a while to cycle through to find the right gear then the power kicks in.

My question is, is there any way to get rid of this because I think this lets the car down.

Cheers.

·
Premium Member
5,868 Posts
Hey guys, I'm not sure if it's me or what but I am experiencing a lot of lag when I'm in 6th gear I put my foot down, it takes a while to cycle through to find the right gear then the power kicks in.
My question is, is there any way to get rid of this because I think this lets the car down.
Cheers.
because you are in N mode, for everyday driving. Put it in R mode for gears (far left switch, push it UP til it goes RED) then it will change gear a lot faster. and try it in R in manual as well, lots of fun with instant gear changes!

·
Premium Member
6,008 Posts
Assume you are in auto and gearbox not in R mode?

If so try it in R, or even better use the paddles ;)

·
Registered
2,355 Posts

Cheers.
Each to their own of course, but to drive this car in auto is scarilege :)

The DCT is a highly sophisticated master piece, capable of super quick gear changes, like having all the control of a manual but twice as quick, all at your finger tips.

By the time you've kicked down from 6th to 3rd for the overtake, I'll already be past :) Seriously, you have to try manual, it makes the car, if it was an auto I would sell it, and I'm speaking as someone who loves R35's.

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
Stop ****ing around in Auto.

It isnt a big fat Merc AMG with an 18 gear slushbox.

Use the paddles or you're missing the whole point of having a twin clutch gearbox.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey guys, I will try what you guys have recommended over the weekend. I appreciate all your input.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
coming from the M3 V8 i found that the paddles were close to the wheel but the GTR paddles are a little far away. I dunno if it's me or not but the paddle shifts are a bit far away.

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
coming from the M3 V8 i found that the paddles were close to the wheel but the GTR paddles are a little far away. I dunno if it's me or not but the paddle shifts are a bit far away.
Do you have shrivelled hands like Jeremy Beadle?!

Reactions: keithmac

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
That's not really fair, it was only one of them:chuckle:
Ah true and it was his right so upshifts would've been a struggle!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts