GTR Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1994 R32 GTR
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Thought I would setup a project thread for my R32 GTR.

I have the car about a year now, but have been mega busy with life and hadn't really done anything with it, I recently have VRT'd (changed to irish plates) it and have sent it away for some work including mapping for 95 ron, full service and overall tidy up.

The car is running approx 550bhp and was given the following spec when it arrived from the UK.
Engine:
OS Giken 86.5mm pistons
Block rebore and valve grind
OS Giken twin paddle STR clutch
Sard 750cc Injectors
Garrett 2860 turbos
N1 Oil Pump
Tomei Fuel Pump
Nismo Sump Baffle
Trust Hard Pipe Kit
Tomei Fuel Pressure Regulator
Tomei Head Gasket Kit
Blitz Nur Spec R exhaust and decat.

It also came with HSD monopro coilovers, an array of nismo goodies interior wise, Bride bucket seats and takata harnesses.

The future plan is:
Reimax Titanium Downpipe
General Tidy up
New alloys (leaning towards Works Vs-ss)
Install oil catch can
Abflug front splitter
Shorin side skirts

Also going to make it mechanically sound as possible and then hopefully have it on the road for next summer

We all know that never goes to plan though ha!
Pics will be attached at some stage when I figure it out

Attachments

·
Registered
1994 R32 GTR
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Should also add, I am on the search for a new ECU! Currently running an Apexi Power Fc but looking into Link Ecus, for more reliability and safety measures.

Any recommendations?

·
Premium Member
2,147 Posts
Looking forward to seeing what you do mate.

I've got a load of bits sat at home for mine and more on the way 😊.

ECU wise I'm in same boat as you, my car had Apexi gear aswell. Tuner I'm going to use is a Link ecu dealer so seems like the logical step for me.

Link or Haltech I don't think you can really go wrong

·
Registered
1994 R32 GTR
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looking forward to seeing what you do mate.

I've got a load of bits sat at home for mine and more on the way 😊.

ECU wise I'm in same boat as you, my car had Apexi gear aswell. Tuner I'm going to use is a Link ecu dealer so seems like the logical step for me.

Link or Haltech I don't think you can really go wrong
Hi mate,

Thanks for checking it out 😊

Just had a look through yours, looks amazing. I love these in white .. you're well on your way to having the perfect 32 👍

I'm leaning towards Link as well as theres loads of tuners doing them and information out there on them is incredible.. plus the anti lag and stuff would be a cool party trick.

Definitely want some safety measures like engine cut for low oil pressure etc.

Whats your end goal power wise?

·
Premium Member
2,147 Posts
Not sure yet if I'm honest. Haven't got an end goal. I had a Litchfield Stage 4 R35 before so a bit of me would love to get to thag sort of power.

Going by the receipts folder the car hasn't been touched engine/map wise for a good while.

So first plan when it goes to RB is a good once over. Link ECU, new Tomei Cams, for some reason it has HKS and Tomei in it just now. Also fit new gearbox and Tomei Ti exhaust.

It'd already forged... so if everything is good then it would be rude to not put some new turbos on. Quite happy staying with twin turbos so just need to see.

·
Registered
1994 R32 GTR
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not sure yet if I'm honest. Haven't got an end goal. I had a Litchfield Stage 4 R35 before so a bit of me would love to get to thag sort of power.

Going by the receipts folder the car hasn't been touched engine/map wise for a good while.

So first plan when it goes to RB is a good once over. Link ECU, new Tomei Cams, for some reason it has HKS and Tomei in it just now. Also fit new gearbox and Tomei Ti exhaust.

It'd already forged... so if everything is good then it would be rude to not put some new turbos on. Quite happy staying with twin turbos so just need to see.
Excellent

Do you miss the 35? How does it compare to the 32? I love mine, a few mates of mine have 33's and 34's but mine is the most raw and driver orientated of the lot.. makes me smile driving it.

My car was down with RB Motorsport around 2009 I believe it had a full rebuild and road mapping, they seem to be the best in the business in the UK

I'd love that Tomei Ti exhaust, currently the Blitz with a decat is ridiculous loud but it's just loud, there's no rasp or anything and it drones so bad!

If you stay on twins I'd recommend an equal length downpipe

·
Premium Member
2,147 Posts
Havent had the R35 for a few years now. Initially I did miss it, but because it was my daily driver certain aspects of it annoyed me. Around track etc it was mega. R32 just makes me smile more, 3 pedals to play with. R32 gets way more attention than the R35

Pretty sure my car has a Japsepeed equal lenghth it already. That might change haha.

·
Registered
1994 R32 GTR
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Havent had the R35 for a few years now. Initially I did miss it, but because it was my daily driver certain aspects of it annoyed me. Around track etc it was mega. R32 just makes me smile more, 3 pedals to play with. R32 gets way more attention than the R35

Pretty sure my car has a Japsepeed equal lenghth it already. That might change haha.
Can't imagine daily driving an R35 lol bet you saw a petrol station often 😂

·
Registered
26,895 Posts
It’s way better on fuel than a rb car

I’m dailying an 35. I used to daily an r32gtr as a student

·
Registered
1994 R32 GTR
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It’s way better on fuel than a rb car

I’m dailying an 35. I used to daily an r32gtr as a student
What the hell haha. Bet you were popular in uni with a 32 🤣

My daily is a 530d and I'm sick of putting diesel in it , I'd hate to daily the 32 I think would take away some of the magic for me

·
Premium Member
2,147 Posts
Got an RS3 as a daily just now. Does the job.

I dont work when I'm home so no need for anything eco

·
Registered
1994 R32 GTR
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi all,

No updates or anything worthwhile to add as of yet, just been reading up on other projects here and have felt very inspired recently.

A good friend of mine also just bought a gtst type M which is motivating me to get mine on the road. Hopefully next summer.

Next job on the growing list is restore my GTR emblem, following a guide posted here recently.. just waiting for my KL0 paint to come from the UK.

I'll attach some more photos of the car just to give an idea of how she stands.

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Vehicle

Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Car Automotive design

I have also purchased another shell just in case any surprises show up on mine.

·
Registered
1994 R32 GTR
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
As my door cards are in a bit of a state and haven't found any decent condition ones, I am considering retrimming mine in bride cloth.

I am also going to retrim my roof lining black to match the carpets.

For some of you hardcore OEM nuts that might sound terrible but I have no plans of ever selling this car so I want to make it my own :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts