GTR Forum banner

21 - 40 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Very nice GTR! Meister told me they were out of stock of R32 coilovers. My E92 M3 has spoiled me and I may go with something where I can adjust the dampening from inside the car.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Very nice GTR! Meister told me they were out of stock of R32 coilovers. My E92 M3 has spoiled me and I may go with something where I can adjust the dampening from inside the car.
Thanks mate,

when I went to order a set from meisterR they were also out of stock for the BNR32 a couple of months ago, I had to wait a couple weeks so not too bad really.

They do ride very nice on British roads. Not over sprung like many coils are

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
began the efforts to replace the old japanese tape deck and original speakers last night.

purchased two connectors that take the stock radio harness and convert to ISO and then from ISO to the sony plug the new deck needs. plugged it in, turned the key and it works. Checked the balance and fader and looks like only the front speakers are working.

I already knew the rear speakers were blown since I looked at them from underneath in the boot. I took out the rear seats and found some old wiring from what looks to have been for a sub that was removed but didn't see anything out of place otherwise. Stock amp still looks intact so I'm assuming the original owner bypassed the rear amp in some fashion that just isn't standing out to me at the moment, but no worries as I was planning on running new speaker wires to the rear to bypass the stock amp anyway.

So current plan to keep things as clean as possible is to de-pin the stock harness in the dash that lead to the rear speakers and re-pin it with new wires that go to the rear shelf. replace the speakers in the rear shelf and front doors. button it all up and enjoy

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
I've just replaced my stock radio and front speakers in my 32 aswell and have exactly the same problem as you. I don't think a sub has been fitted previously thou. I was going to look into it as I wanted to use stock wiring but would be interested if people have sorted this problem in the past??

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I've just replaced my stock radio and front speakers in my 32 aswell and have exactly the same problem as you. I don't think a sub has been fitted previously thou. I was going to look into it as I wanted to use stock wiring but would be interested if people have sorted this problem in the past??
If you were planning on using the stock wiring for the rear speakers, you will need to bypass the stock amp in the boot so you don't have any distortion.

if you have a multimeter you can just check that the rear speakers are still getting a signal from the radio through the stock wires. Argos has multimeters for 10 quid.

I'm waiting on some additional connectors and wiring to be shipped via amazon and will get some photos of the final state of things after I finish sorting things out.

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
That's great, thanks for your help. I have a multi metre to ensure the speakers are getting signal which I'll try. Would be good to see some pictures of your work to help when you get chance ?

·
Registered
72 Posts
next on the interior upgrade list was to replace the terrible 90s terrific Razo pedal covers with brand new stock pedal covers.

This really turned out well. the original ones are still good, but have creases in them from the pedal covers so I wanted new ones instead.

pictures show how it all looked as it arrived from japan, replacing the pedal covers and finished state.
I have the exact same problem! Not sure why razos find their way on to our cars :tard:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
That's great, thanks for your help. I have a multi metre to ensure the speakers are getting signal which I'll try. Would be good to see some pictures of your work to help when you get chance ?
So I finished this up at the weekend and took a few photos along the way.

What I ended up doing was de-pinning the stock connector that contained the rear speaker connections, I made new wiring for the rear speakers and put them in to the factory connector in the dash and ran them straight to the rear speakers. Didn't have to cut any wiring with this method (just have to find an old stock connector to de-pin).

Other than that it was plug and play. Nissan -> ISO plug -> Sony connectors that I purchased on Amazon. Wiring loom I picked up at ScrewFix some soldering and fitted it all back together. Biggest pain was running the wiring under the carpet and getting my big arse in the back to disassemble and reassemble everything.

Also fitted the new leather gaiters I have had sitting around for a couple of months. Looks great now. much more modern.

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
My latest project are refurbing a second hand set of hard pipes I got from Alex here on the forum.

The upper pipes I have started sanding and polishing. The lower pipes I will have powder coated since you can't see them anyway.

The difference is striking.

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Where did you manage to get your emblems from, could do with new myself
I got the emblems from a guy I follow on Instagram. He's in the US though.

If you Google those part numbers, I reckon there are some here in the UK that either stock them or can get them for you. Likely the local Nissan dealership can as well

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
I dropped off the lower boost pipes today to have them powder coated silver.

The hard pipes kit came with the HKS orange silicone connectors but I'm not keen on that colour so I will be ordering some black silicone connectors for when I get these fitted.

Coming together slowly

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Next few things on my list will be to fit the Supertec headlight relay harness and solder in the new headlight switch plug.

I also purchased some Butyl to fix the slight tail light leak into the boot as well. I'll update when I get around to these too.

21 - 40 of 70 Posts