GTR Forum banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Right - more progress.

Front suspension removed now. not too difficult but separating the knuckle from the arm was a bit of a challenge. Took the lower arm to a Mate's shop to have the inner ball joint pressed out as well as the wheel bearings. I need to modify the front dust shields to suit the big brake kit so that will commence soon too.

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
for the big brake kit, I needed to modify the rear brake dust shields. The rear rotors are 350mm and contact the lip so I took my grinder to them and removed the rim all the way around. Then treated the shields to some rust reformer and a coat of flat black paint. Also treated the exhaust heatshield to the same rust reformer and flat black

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 · (Edited)
Edited the video of the subframe getting disassembled, and the bloody axle being frozen in the near side hub

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Some photos of the refinished big brake setup. powder coated gold with red decals to look like a factory option. looks smart.

• Front are 8-piston brembos off a 2005 E55 AMG, over a 355mm rotor
  • Rear are 4-piston brembos off a 2012 CTS-V, over a 350mm rotor

last photo is a mock up of how the front sits over the knuckle.

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
Got my Advan RG2 wheels refinished. Took them to have them stripped and powder coated.

Colour change from white to gun metal gray. turned up mint!

last picture is a sneak peek of what they will look like when I get everything put back together. I can't wait

Attachments

61 - 70 of 70 Posts