GTR Forum banner
61 - 80 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Right - more progress.

Front suspension removed now. not too difficult but separating the knuckle from the arm was a bit of a challenge. Took the lower arm to a Mate's shop to have the inner ball joint pressed out as well as the wheel bearings. I need to modify the front dust shields to suit the big brake kit so that will commence soon too.

Attachments

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
for the big brake kit, I needed to modify the rear brake dust shields. The rear rotors are 350mm and contact the lip so I took my grinder to them and removed the rim all the way around. Then treated the shields to some rust reformer and a coat of flat black paint. Also treated the exhaust heatshield to the same rust reformer and flat black

Attachments

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Some photos of the refinished big brake setup. powder coated gold with red decals to look like a factory option. looks smart.

• Front are 8-piston brembos off a 2005 E55 AMG, over a 355mm rotor
  • Rear are 4-piston brembos off a 2012 CTS-V, over a 350mm rotor

last photo is a mock up of how the front sits over the knuckle.

Attachments

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
spent some time cleaning up all of the knuckles. It isn't as clean as it would be having them blasted, but much better than they were when I started

Attachments

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
Got my Advan RG2 wheels refinished. Took them to have them stripped and powder coated.

Colour change from white to gun metal gray. turned up mint!

last picture is a sneak peek of what they will look like when I get everything put back together. I can't wait

Attachments

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
As these cars are 30 years old now, and the fact that my vehicle has sat the better part of the past 2.5 years in dry storage, I decided it was a good time to refresh all of the fuel lines, get the injectors cleaned and balanced with new seals, drain the tank and generally start fresh.

i made a coupe of videos to document the process. This one is how to remove the injectors on a skyline gtr with an rb26, though most cars of this era are similar with top feed injectors.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
Got my Advan RG2 wheels refinished. Took them to have them stripped and powder coated.

Colour change from white to gun metal gray. turned up mint!

last picture is a sneak peek of what they will look like when I get everything put back together. I can't wait
made a quick video of the refinished ADVANs.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
some photos of the fuel tank before and after as well as the new fuel lines

Attachments

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
Picked up a second hand nismo down pipe (with an old logo if you're into that sort of thing).

this will hold me over for now as the endgame is to go single turbo. couldn't beat the price since most on this side of the pond are also going single and are essentially binning parts like this.

Attachments

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·

·
Registered
1995 Skyline R33 GTR Nismo V-Spec ( R28 )1999 Nismo R34 GTR V-Spec 1991 R32 GTR.
211 Posts
was able to confirm that my car has the standard ceramic garrett turbos. This little endoscope works really well.

OXzilla, you are so right!! I have a Endoscope also, best tool in my shop! With your turbos are you planning to replace the ceramic turbines with steel? Or leave them stock? Just curious I am LOL!!🧐🤠

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
OXzilla, you are so right!! I have a Endoscope also, best tool in my shop! With your turbos are you planning to replace the ceramic turbines with steel? Or leave them stock? Just curious I am LOL!!🧐🤠
plan is to leave the turbos standard for the short term. later phase is to add ethanol and simplify the hot side with a single turbo set up

61 - 80 of 97 Posts