GTR Forum banner
81 - 100 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
front suspension has now been completely reassembled and fitted. New wheel bearing and hub, new inner and outer ball joints, new inner and outer track rod ends (tie rods) and fancy SPL Parts tension rods. The steering should feel completely new when on the road.

Attachments

·
Registered
1995 Skyline R33 GTR Nismo V-Spec ( R28 )1999 Nismo R34 GTR V-Spec 1991 R32 GTR.
228 Posts
How were your CV joints? Did they seem good? Are you planning in the future to replace all the axles,or they are still good for daily driving with the odd launch and wide open terror runs? 🤓🤓

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
How were your CV joints? Did they seem good? Are you planning in the future to replace all the axles,or they are still good for daily driving with the odd launch and wide open terror runs? 🤓🤓
honestly they seemed mint for being as old as they are (6/1992 build)

but my car was pretty standard and unmolested its whole life (still has the stock boost pill in place even). So that tends to help keep things like axles and CV joints in better shape over time :):)

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Went through your full build thread, have to say that is a really clean R32! I like silver and imo suits a R32 nicely. Great progress on the restoration and mods! Look forward to more of your updates! :cool:

Saif

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
Went through your full build thread, have to say that is a really clean R32! I like silver and imo suits a R32 nicely. Great progress on the restoration and mods! Look forward to more of your updates! :cool:

Saif
Thanks for checking out the thread(y) it really is a clean 32. I feel lucky to have collected it when I did before things got dodgy in Japan with everyone trying to cash in on the craze

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
realized this morning that I never posted progress photos of the subframe rebuild. here's a few of the subframe reinforcements that were welded on (kit from GKTech). Also a picture of what it looked like before powder coating.

Powder coat colour is Desert Charcoal wrinkle by prismatic.

Attachments

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
This honestly is the most beautiful part of the car that no one will ever see (such a shame). Pictures of the subframe build up attached.

The car will feel like brand new when driving it now that every bit of the running gear is refreshed

Attachments

·
Registered
1995 Skyline R33 GTR Nismo V-Spec ( R28 )1999 Nismo R34 GTR V-Spec 1991 R32 GTR.
228 Posts
This honestly is the most beautiful part of the car that no one will ever see (such a shame). Pictures of the subframe build up attached.

The car will feel like brand new when driving it now that every bit of the running gear is refreshed
I really love the fact that you have the Nismo control arms, and all new suspension as well, looks right proper when all guzzied up! Absolute fabulous work of passion! Hopefully when our 2 borders are fully open we might meet on the open Road. Stay safe my Godzilla Brother!! 🇨🇦🇺🇸!!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
I really love the fact that you have the Nismo control arms, and all new suspension as well, looks right proper when all guzzied up! Absolute fabulous work of passion! Hopefully when our 2 borders are fully open we might meet on the open Road. Stay safe my Godzilla Brother!! 🇨🇦🇺🇸!!
Thanks! really happy with how it turned out (y)

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #100 ·
been busy the past few weeks, but was able to get fluids exchanged in the GTR. In case anyone is searching for this later. This video points out the drain/fill locations for the following in a R32 Skyline GTR:

Change engine Oil:
Change Front Differential:
Change Rear Differential:
Change Transmission fluid:
Change Transfer Case fluid:

81 - 100 of 106 Posts