GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cars in general I think just do not like me, what after the Lambo experience, My gearbox experience.

So when it comes to modding also I don't think the car gods like me either.

Got a kit from Knightracer and asked for it to be colour coded to car, few phone calls and pics of my paint code later and fair amount of dosh later the deal was done, Knight Racer kit to be painted and sent out to be fitted.

Went to the Bodyshop who are going to fit it, to find the colour is not just off but totally out the ball park :(

Not sure what to do now, if someone wants it on the forum ?
Guess the only true way to get my car all matched is a wrap.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Means trying to get it transported safely again to somewhere who can paint it. I'll make a phone call Monday to those that sprayed my 350z see if they can help.

·
Vendor
2,974 Posts
Just seen this. And got told by the office there was a message from you for me to call you back? Sorry I've not got that message til now.

First of all you bought off me my personal old kit before I did the MY12 conversion so the quality and fitment should be spot on - all Hybrid carbon.

The only problem (which my painter did suspect) at the time of painting was the white pearl. There are 3 different shades. And without the car being here (as you said you were hours away) we thought the safest was to go for the standard shade recommended by the paint supplier.

Now it looks like the decision we shared by our Bodyshop with our paint supplier were wrong and I do apologise.

Please let me call you in the morning to discuss. Best for us to have the vehicle here to match the shade, otherwise I will have to reimburse you.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Can't say fairer than that. Why can't all retailers understand the importNce of customer service!??

Nice one Knightracer. :)

Mart.

·
Registered
9,080 Posts
Means trying to get it transported safely again to somewhere who can paint it. I'll make a phone call Monday to those that sprayed my 350z see if they can help.
Why not just fit it, drive it to a paint shop to have it painted to match the car and accept Alberts very kind offer of reimbursing you for the paint?

Sounds very simple to me.

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
That's good advice
So he has just payed for it to come already painted and you advise him to waste more money and go get it repainted:chairshot
Firstly, I asked a simple question, I did not give advise... Personally, I would accept that as my own fault for not using a bodyshop that could have the car there to match the paint.

Why not just fit it, drive it to a paint shop to have it painted to match the car and accept Alberts very kind offer of reimbursing you for the paint?

Sounds very simple to me.
Good idea

Great customer service there.
Agree :bowdown1:

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
You sure it's not your bumper thats out?

The arch and bonnet look different colour to your bumper. However, the rear diffuser looks a perfect match to the bonnet and arch colour?

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks Albert, appreciated.

Regarding bonnet and bumper, it's same shade, but one on metal other on plastic (bumper) this is worse on R8s too with white Paint but overall its fine.

However the kit of course is quite clearly well off the shade. I will contact some bodyshops monday in my local area see if they can help me.

Next question is getting it transported safely from its current location to whoever is going to paint it.

·
Vendor
2,974 Posts
Now I back on a computer and not replying off my iphone, I can see there is a mismatch between the bonnet and bumper also? But I can appreciate that the difference in phone cameras, monitor displays can all change the colour of the image for the viewer.

Before we packed it all up, we found a couple of those screw covers (stickers) off the stock spoiler in pearle white and as a quick comparison it didnt look like a bad match which was why we thought it was good to go.

If we had the car here, then our painter would have been able to match it.. other colours like Black and Red arent too bad as they are quite a straight forward paint mix.

Anyway, we will discuss in the morning.

Regards
Albert

1 - 20 of 26 Posts