GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone tell me how to remove the gearknob? I have tried turning it anti-clockwise with a reasonable amount of force but the bugger seems loathe to move:mad:

·
Registered
65 Posts
The gearknob was almost certainly put on with a locking glue. The threat is a standard anticlockwise thread so should undo OK once the seal has been broken. You might try a hairdryer on the metal shaft for a few moments first to help things along.
Good luck!

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Hard Knob

Stukickass.

Yeah Max is right as had the same prob with mine. It is so stiff but once you get a good grip on it you'll find you can get it off quite quickly.

Thought I done quite well their :D .

glen

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Knobs

Quote:

as had the same prob with mine . It is so stiff but once you get a good grip on it you'll find you can get it off quite quickly.

ROTFLOL.

Has it got anything to do with your advancing years ? :D

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
STICKY KNOB

STICKY KNOB? YES, A BIG AND COMMON PROBLEM, WHAT YOU NEED IS A NICE FIRM BUT NOT TIGHT GRIP AND TRY SHUFFLING IT ABOUT A BIT, THAT SHOULD DO THE TRICK.

DONT WORRY, YOU ARE NOT ALONE

HOPE THIS HELPS.

DIRK

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Two Handed plus

Hi again Max.

Seriously though I ended up getting some mole grips and a cloth to get me started. Once I got it moving I reverted to using me hands and just before the final bit finished off one-handed.

Now I have a new TITANIUM one fitted I have been known to creep out in the garage once in a while for a quick fondle. Something about precious metals isn't their ;) .

glen

1 - 7 of 7 Posts