GTR Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
been out again today i was previously seeing 42 tops knock on the power fc.
filled it up with petrol and im seeing consistent 50 - 55 above 6k revs. boost is at 1.45 bar, so i dropped the boost to 1.2 bar but readings were exactly the same ? drives and pulls perfect and if it was a slighlt lean issue it would of stoped by lowering the boost wouldnt it ?

im not sure if i like the idea of the monitor as it induces paranoia lol

·
Registered
594 Posts
been out again today i was previously seeing 42 tops knock on the power fc.
filled it up with petrol and im seeing consistent 50 - 55 above 6k revs. boost is at 1.45 bar, so i dropped the boost to 1.2 bar but readings were exactly the same ? drives and pulls perfect and if it was a slighlt lean issue it would of stoped by lowering the boost wouldnt it ?

im not sure if i like the idea of the monitor as it induces paranoia lol
It could be the octane level in the new fuel. Try putting a bottle of good octane booster in. If the knock lessens, its the fuel. Get rid of it.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
I'm not 100% sure on PFC knock monitors work, but I thought the knock you are looking for is big spikes in the perceived engine noise - like if its within a percentage of normal its probably just "noise". I normally listen for knock with a mic and it stands out as an irregular to the normal noise "tap" or "tick" kind of noise....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts