GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time round Knockhill in the Skyline. Great Fun:D

Got a few clips, wasn't going crazy but still enjoyed myself:smokin:
Please try and ignore my ugly mug in the rear view mirror:eek: :eek:..

Some footage of the hairpin(lots of nice porsches:) )
Putfile - Knockhill hairpin

Trying to keep up with a 2 seater thing, bad camera angle tho as the sun visor covers half the shot:banned: :
Putfile - skyline sport

Following quick scooby:
Putfile - scooby sport

Cheers:smokin:

·
Registered
630 Posts
Nice - much more restrained than in your Pulsar :D

I had hoped to be trying mine with GT3540 turbo, slicks etc on Saturday, but it's broken, again :chairshot

Cheers :)

Rog

·
Registered
630 Posts
Yeah - hopefully just ignition amplifier or immobiliser - will take it back to Rod Bell's car hospital at the W/E...

Rog :)

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Adam - It's pretty much standard engine wise (standard boost setup). It has had lots of stuff done to the suspension and has a racing diff in the back tho and is like a rear drive:smokin: Being a vspec it comes with brembo brakes and although i haven't tried standard R32 gtr brakes i'm well impressed considering it's a road setup. I saw your post on suspension and thought i'd let you know i've just got some tein super street stuff put on as the ohlins kit that was on had a leaky shock. The ride and handling was noticably worse with the tein stuff.. It bangs and crashes over bumps on the road yet gives too much roll on track.. Will get it setup soon so hopefully it'll be better but am not impressed so far:mad: It is cheap tho:) Good luck for the 5th and see if you can get some footage:) - i'd come along but live in london:bawling:

Rog - been trying to keep an eye on your progress:) Your 60 second lap remains one of my favourite vids:smokin: :smokin: What stage are you at now? what bhp etc?? Any plans to come down south??
I was taking it quite easy.. After 3 laps and lots of sideways action i spun and got black flagged:eek: Was told not to go sideways with other cars near and it was quite busy:bawling: Also started getting smoke from under the bonnet which fingers crossed was just as a result of it being overfilled with oil:mad:
Loving skyline ownership tho:smokin: Done over 18000 km's so far with no real problems and 3 trackdays. Been all over the country with it and get 22mpg (at a stedy 97mph:banned: ) which is pretty good:) It will do over 25mpg at around 80...

Here's a few other efforts - such a pleasure to drive sideways lol!
Putfile - R32 gtr drifting

Putfile - Skyline R32 GTR V spec 2

Cheers,
Sam

·
Registered
630 Posts
Hi Sam!

When my car works it's Awesome :D :smokin:

But it's been the most unreliable p.o.s. car I've ever had the misfortune of owning :bawling: :chairshot

I've changed it from drag spec to circuit spec and was really looking forward to the final SIDC of the year on Saturday, but the f*cking thing has broken down again :mad: :mad:

Never mind, it will be fixed again just in time for the end of the season and it's insurance renewal...

I'm not usually so down about it, but it really has been the worst mistake I've made in a long time buying this Skyline...

Ask me again when it's fixed and I'll tell you how great it is, but just now I have nothing good to say about it...

Cheers :)

Rog

1 - 9 of 9 Posts