GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been looking for a radiator this week and looked up the Koyo brand, People have started to rave about.

I was unable to find a dealer in the UK, But found some in the US.Koyo Radiator Aluminum. Koyo Aluminum Racing Radiators..

I then enquired about being a supplier for them in the UK and did my research about the company in how to become one. I contacted a few members of the Koyo group in the US and showed him the website of the radiators for sale with their brand on it.

Below is part of the email I received for the Director of Koyo automotive in the US.

Quote.
This is not part of JTEKT in the USA. I have checked with my Japanese staff and they confirm it is not part of our operations in Japan.

I am sending this information to our legal department since this company is illegally using the registered trade-mark of Koyo. Thank you for supplying this information.

Regards

XXXXXXXX

So have anybody had one of this radiators from koyo(US) and still got the invoice??? Can you check the return address on it or the business address on it.

If so then please post up what the address on the box is.

I have found a supplier from Hong Kong from ebay who sells these metal radiators. I wonder if the supplier in the US are buying these items and then painting a Koyo logo on them.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I have also been looking for a dealer in the UK so will be interested in this.
I hope the gits who have been spraying Koyo on the rads get what they deserve.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is no UK koyo rad dealer, As they stated they don't do rads.

They have stated that someone is using thier name and are going to get back to me on the websites I've found in the US selling thier so called brand.

They have a UK base and contacted them aswell and they state that they only supply koyo bearings here in the UK.

They do other products for the car industry, But not rads.

·
Registered
663 Posts
They are made in China the Koyo Radiator, a Friend of mine who is a chinese student and drives an evo. early this year he had a front accident on his car just before he goes back to china to visit his perants as a holiday and when he come back he bought one of those koyo radiator from a factory near where he lives. to be honest the quality looks quite good as I thought they might have built them for koyo?? now we know the truth. :D

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
You'd be amazed at how many 'named brand' parts are made in china, been there 3 times and seen it myself, shelves covered in well known brand name parts ready to be shipped to the "manufacturers" in the US and Aussie.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts