GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 271 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tink these are the sexiest cars around, and would love to own one by the time I am 35..

Does anyone know much about them, how much they are etc ?

·
Registered
167 Posts
very very expensive for one with the original engine and kit on it, replicas can be got cheaper. i hear its near impossible to get one out of japan though... im sure an importer can shed more light on them though. would love one myself

·
Registered
167 Posts
only info i see there is that the kpgc10 has an s20 engine from the factory which i already knew :D and its hard to find them which i knew too. lol

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Moff, I know where there's one for £13,790 landed. Just need to MOT & tax it. I've been thinking about it myself :D

·
Registered
856 Posts
i hear its near impossible to get one out of japan though...
Who did you 'hear' that from? It's rubbish.

Boosted said:
Moff, I know where there's one for £13,790 landed.
A KPGC10? Obviously not.

Moff said:
Seems you are looking at £20k for a nice one.
A KPGC10? No, I'm afraid that's nowhere near enough.

Moff, the car in the picture on your first post is not a KPGC10. It's a KGC10 that's had GT-R badges stuck onto it.

Nothing wrong with a good 20-footer lookey-likey, but if want a real KPGC10 it's a whole different kettle of fish to a modified KGC10, and the prices reflect that fact. If you only want 'the look' of a KPGC10, and you are happy to own a modified KGC10, then there's no point asking for prices / info about KPGC10s......

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok.. Can you give details on the differences please of the KPGC10 and the KGC10, I have no idea :)

·
Registered
856 Posts
ok.. Can you give details on the differences please of the KPGC10 and the KGC10, I have no idea :)
The main difference between a KGC10 and a KPGC10 is something around 4~5 million Yen at the moment.

I don't want to be rude but - in my opinion - if you are really interested in learning the differences, and you want to buy a KGC10 ( or even a real KPGC10 ) then you will be prepared to do some in-depth research on the subject yourself, rather than just having it served up to you on a plate.

So is your expression of interest just a passing whimsy, or are you serious? What you do next will tell you one way or the other.

·
Vendor
12,681 Posts
The main difference between a KGC10 and a KPGC10 is something around 4~5 million Yen at the moment.

I don't want to be rude but - in my opinion - if you are really interested in learning the differences, and you want to buy a KGC10 ( or even a real KPGC10 ) then you will be prepared to do some in-depth research on the subject yourself, rather than just having it served up to you on a plate.

So is your expression of interest just a passing whimsy, or are you serious? What you do next will tell you one way or the other.
Moff

go and order some books from japan and start reading mate mate. I know have a sizable collection:thumbsup:

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
There are a lot of them around in Japan but many are not GT-Rs and some are in pretty tatty condition. One we saw on our last GTROC trip to Japan was a GTR but looked like the seats hadn't seen a repair in twenty years! It also had all the GTR 'bits' removed so as to make it look less like a GTR - Yes even Japan has 'collectors on BMXs'. :(
Needless to say this was still about £20k if you wanted it - not that it was for sale.

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

I meant the actual differences in trim etc.

I was the one who PM'd you asking about having one as a wedding car

Where do I find info ?

·
Registered
856 Posts
There are a lot of them around in Japan but many are not GT-Rs
What's "them"?

The subject of this thread is the KPGC10 model. How can a KPGC10 not be a GT-R? :confused:

Fuggles said:
One we saw on our last GTROC trip to Japan was a GTR but looked like the seats hadn't seen a repair in twenty years! It also had all the GTR 'bits' removed so as to make it look less like a GTR
"GTR 'bits'" being what, in this instance? If it had a PGC10, KPGC10 or KPGC110 chassis code then it was a GT-R, regardless of what was - or was not - attached to it. Part Number One is the unibody itself. You could say that Part Number Two was the S20 engine, so did this mystery car have a proper 'R' body and S20, or not?

Fuggles said:
Needless to say this was still about 320k if you wanted it - not that it was for sale.
So it was not for sale, but it still had a 'price' on it? What currency is the "320k" in?

One thing is for sure, there's more nonsense and half baked hearsay written about the C10 and C110 series GT-Rs on English language web forums than just about any other car.

Moff said:
Where do I find info ?
I recommend you start with the excellent 'C10 SKYLINE COMPLETE BOOK', first published by Geibun Mooks in late 2008 as one of their Nostalgic Hero specials, with ISBN978-4-87465-917-5.

Start there.

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
PS30-SB, you do seem to be coming across as 'annoyed' ?

I know nothing about these cars, and don't pretend to. Anyone pointing me in the right direction is helpful :)

Looking under that title, it appears to be in Japanese, is it available in English ?

·
Registered
856 Posts
PS30-SB, you do seem to be coming across as 'annoyed' ?
'Mildly frustrated' might be more accurate. I have my tongue planted firmly in my cheek, though......

Moff said:
Looking under that title, it appears to be in Japanese, is it available in English ?
Nope.

The pictures are in 'English' though. :)

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
'Mildly frustrated' might be more accurate. I have my tongue planted firmly in my cheek, though......

Nope.

The pictures are in 'English' though. :)
Why is tongue in cheek ?

I can look at pretty pictures on the web, or here The KPGC10 Skyline Picture Thread - Skyline Owners Club - The Nissan Skyline Enthusiast Community

Saying that though, there are probably many incorrectly named versions on there.

Do you know the spec differences, or where possible to find the spec differences ?

I'm guessing only trim levels are the main differences, as the Turbo engine was not out then, and technology was a little behind then ?

1 - 20 of 271 Posts