GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A 1971 KPGC10 Nissan Skyline GT-R will be displayed on the Nissan stand at this year's Goodwood Revival Meeting ( 18th~20th September ), at Goodwood Circuit, West Sussex, UK.

The 'Hakosuka' is one of four cars ( the others are an HS30 'Datsun 240Z', a Z34 'Nissan 370Z' and an R35 'Nissan GT-R' ) that will be seen on Nissan's stand in the BGC-sponsored 'Earl's Court Motor Show' mockup.

From the Goodwood press release:

"Following the huge popularity of the inaugural BGC Earls Court Motor Show at last year’s Goodwood Revival, this key new attraction will once again add an exciting element to the annual Revival meeting, the world’s most authentic historic motor race meeting, being held from 18-20 September.

The BGC Earls Court Motor Show takes its inspiration from the celebrated London Motor Shows of the 1950s and 60s, with an original Art Deco frontage reminiscent of the glory days of exhibitions of the past. This spacious area will give the expected 120,000+ Goodwood Revival visitors an insight into how motoring of the future might look from a pre-1966 perspective, with a display of ‘futuristic’ 21st century cars.

Externally the BGC Earls Court looks like the entrance to a 1950s Motor Show, promising to display ‘cars of the future’ inside. As no post-1966 vehicles are ordinarily allowed on site during the Goodwood Revival, the BGC Earls Court Motor Show enables the event to break out of its ‘period’ timeframe and display post-1966 vehicles. The effect is like walking into a Tardis, offering other-worldly futuristic new cars to see, right up to and including manufacturers’ latest products.

Each vehicle manufacturers’ stand is presented in the style of a traditional Motor Show of the 1950s or 1960s. As with the rest of the Revival, the overall display is not set in a specific timeframe, but rather at some unidentified point prior to 1966. Manufacturer displays are therefore expected to include contemporary cars of the 1950s or 1960s, as well as some ‘concept’ cars showing each company’s visions of what production cars might look like in the early 21st Century. Car manufacturers confirmed to be exhibiting at this ‘motor show of the future’ include Maserati, Jaguar, BMW, Ford, Nissan and Rolls-Royce."

Goodwood - Revival - Welcome

Goodwood - Revival

Nissan UK's designated events transport company picked the KPGC10 up from me this morning to take it down to Goodwood:

I'll be at the Revival Meeting over the weekend, so I'll report back and hopefully show some photos of the stand here. Should be interesting to see what kind of comments the Hakosuka gets in such illustrious company........

Cheers,
Alan T.

·
6,821 Posts
Thanks Alan for the informations:clap:

For thoses who want to have wet pants and shaking legs, this is the event to attempt. Seeing such a unique and rare GTR live is a one in a life time opportunity for most . . . . so book the date.:cool:

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Shame its not a 100% original version
It's a genuine KPGC10, and it's been the way it is - prepped as a track day and club race car - for more than 35 years.

I don't think you'll find many "100% original" stock and unrestored KPGC10s in Japan, let alone in the UK. Even Nissan's own 'Heritage Collection' cars have been refurbed with some replicated components, and have been repainted.

It was a 'Gift Horse', so I'm not looking it in the mouth.....

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
It's a genuine KPGC10, and it's been the way it is - prepped as a track day and club race car - for more than 35 years.

I don't think you'll find many "100% original" stock and unrestored KPGC10s in Japan, let alone in the UK. Even Nissan's own 'Heritage Collection' cars have been refurbed with some replicated components, and have been repainted.

It was a 'Gift Horse', so I'm not looking it in the mouth.....
Apols, not trying to take anything away from the car, having one at the show is enough. When I said original, I was meaning in road trim :)

·
GTROC NOBODY
5,981 Posts
Shame i can't be there to see it myself Alan. Desperate to see this car in the flesh..it's lovely in every way.
Good luck with the event.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the kind words. :thumbsup:

Clickable thumbnails:

Lights on, before the 'show':

Lights off, everyone's gone home:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts