GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Vendor
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A few photos of how we've done it in house..

This customer went for the following combo of KR Aero parts:

KR MY12 FRP Front Bumper
KR MY12 Hybrid Carbon Front Grille
KR MY12 Hybrid Carbon Front Splitter
KR Hybrid Carbon Side Skirts
KR CD Hybrid Carbon Rear Diffuser
KR Carbon Diffuser Blades

and a set of MY12 DRLs

Special KR designed re-enforcement bumper to splitter sandwich brackets

Front end all built up ready for fitting

Wiring and testing the DRLs

Fitting the front end (can be tricky if you still have the MY09 intercooler shroud - will need trimming shorter by approx. an inch)

Even swapped over the stock orange side lights for our Ultra White LEDs to match the DRLs ;)

And a set of KR Licence Plate LED units too ;)

You can see the MY12 Full Hybrid Carbon version on our GTR here: http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/228329-kr-r35-gtr-09-12-full-carbon-front-end-revealed.html

·
Vendor
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Another MY12 Front End Conversion ready to go! this time with other KR Carbon Aero part painted

·
Vendor
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There is no loom on the pre-MY12 cars unless you get it from the dealership. But we can tap into the appropriate source to power them.

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
And that appropriate source would be? I'm fitting the bumper I got and the splitter I had from you this week and only thought about the wiring of the lights yesterday!

·
Vendor
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ahh I see. This we normally confirm with the customer. You can either draw from ignition live or side lights. We recommend ignition live which is easily accessible from the back of the headlights.

·
Vendor
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you send an email to us on [email protected] I can reply with some photos of previous ones we've fitted for you to use as a guide?

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
That would be very much appreciated. I was thinking of relays and tapping into main battery and ignition live from footwell fuse box. Didn't even think of headlights having ignition live!

Very Impressed with your service, decent price, speedy delivery and great backup service so far. Keep up the good work!

Emailing you now :)
Thanks again!

·
Vendor
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Glad you are happy.

Our offices are closed at the moment but please email us direct as I can still access and reply emails 24/7. But I'm not always on the forum to reply straight away. Logging off for the weekend now ;) have a great one.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts