GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
I know from time to time people ask questions about KW and bhp etc and was just doing some research on Google when I found this. So thought I'd resurrect it for those that had forgotten or just wanted to know :)

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
Oi Mycroft where have you been ?
I have missed your intellectual ramblings ...

Ps, I had all this conversion stuff and how to calculate top speeds etc on my sig ....
Untill sigs got banned

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
Thanks SteveC
I didnt see the post date, and I have no idea why Mycroft doesnt post here anymore, but he had a lot more interesting posts than your "haha" one

And , just to set the record straight, I pretty much know most metric to imperial conversion factors from memory.
I can use an imperial mike and convert the measurement in my head to mm etc:
Can you ?
Been doing this shit for over 30yrs ..
Dont really understand the "engineer" comment ..

Should I ask what the "C" stands for ?

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Thanks SteveC
I didnt see the post date, and I have no idea why Mycroft doesnt post here anymore, but he had a lot more interesting posts than your "haha" one

And , just to set the record straight, I pretty much know most metric to imperial conversion factors from memory.
I can use an imperial mike and convert the measurement in my head to mm etc:
Can you ?
Been doing this shit for over 30yrs ..
Dont really understand the "engineer" comment ..
What can I say, Im an engineer...

Why would I possibly want to fill my head with crap like that google is the new memory fella.

try not to be so touchy mate.

And when I joined this bb it was called the gtr forum, being new to the web I thought I'd better put my initial for my surname on it as just steve was a bit ott.

but you can call me whatever you like big fella, i'm not scared. :blahblah:

lust looked at your profile. "GTR Glenn has not made any friends yet" nor will you if you keep abusing people and then stating your credentials.

/Steve

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
lust looked at your profile. "GTR Glenn has not made any friends yet" nor will you if you keep abusing people and then stating your credentials.
Just ?
I have no idea what you mean or care.
What freinds ?

I havnt stated my credentials anywhere.

One thing, its all very well assuming you can access everything you may need from google, but to be honest Its better to actually know some things rather than having to refer to the net to solve all your problems.
I put it down to the evolving level of idiots, I guess eventually people wont need to add or know their times table's because they can google it.
Its like txt speak ...
No **** know's how to write properly now either.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
I did and according to wikipedia xmas is on the 27th of November ;)

let me explain, you posted up saying about mycroft who got banned years ago iirc, and then said you were an engineer, I am also an engineer and I thought that missing the details of the date of the post was amusing... hence the Mr engineer

anyway this is the mother of all thread resurrections.

and it is still 1.34.... even after the 6 years the answer has been written there :p

/Steve

1 - 20 of 26 Posts