GTR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just off the phone from my local shop regarding a full set of Bridgestone re070

They should be 1420 all in but they have a sale on at the moment and are doing them for $1076 all in and with nitrogen.Think this is some sort of January sale.

Bargain ?:clap::clap:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
depends on the site I guess. I have been going to my local for a few years now and they seem to do a decent job

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
If that's including VAT, that is a very good price.
Just make sure they understand that the wheels are painted, have TPMS sensors fitted in the valves and are VERY expensive!

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Or go get the tyres from Kwik Fit and get your local fitter of choice to fit them for a few tens of pounds. My friend had a GT3 with Magnesium alloys 18 months ago and nobody except protyre would go near them in case they damaged them. He was v.happy with the care they gave the alloys when the tyres were changed. Protyre: Buy UK Car Tyres Online: Cheap Prices

·
Registered
76 Posts
Tread Depth

As my tyres are worn on the inside edge only i decided to look up the law and this is what I came up with!

The legal minimum tread depth for cars and light trailers (including caravans) up to 3500 kgs gross vehicle weight and/or 8 seated passenger vehicles including driver is:

A minimum of 1.6mm in a continuous band throughout the central three-quarters of the tread width, throughout the whole of the circumference (see illustration below).

This means that my tryes are legal even though they are worn on the inside 25mm.I will be changing them just for safety but not so soon as I thought.

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
yup, good on you RE070 all the way !!!!

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
When I was first married and skint I used to use them a lot.
Expected problems and got them:

Set fire to the underseal of the car while flame cutting the exhaust off.
Drained the oil out while it was on ramps with the engine running. Little end knocked after this.
Stripped the thread on one of the wheel bolts.
Turned the handbrake pads into a one wheel instant skid locking brake and tried to make out it was OK
Pointed out to me that the prevously changed oil filter was leaking. I pointed out to them that it was them that fitted it! It was even the same colour and type as the one refitted!
Couldnt change the gearbox oil as they didnt have a tool - so gave them mine
Took 6 attempts to stop a complete exhaust from leaking

I think I was a slow learner...Would I use them on the GTR? You must be bloody joking!!!

Paul

·
Registered
765 Posts
NEVER NEVER NEVER!!. Tried to sell me ONE brake disc for a car I had. When I told them that you should always change both discs they replied "not always"!.
They put my nieces' tyres on in the wrong rotation and she ended up in a ditch.
Not to mention the number of times they try to sell you parts that you don't really need and then come out with "well we can't let it out of the workshop it's not legal".
Women especially beware, they assume you know nothing and rip you off.

Apart from that, they are fine.
They are useless!.

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
in the same way as you wouldn't trust these two to valet park your car

you don't go to kwik fit ;)

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
Wow, those tyres must have been really evil & pissed off to make her go off the raod into a ditch, little b*rstards !!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts