GTR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i read in a magazine yesterday that lambo doors are safer than normal or suicide doors. a company (LSD) tested a set on an audi tt and the crash tested it side on and front on at 80 kph and the doors still opened after being hit at this speed. oh but they still dont look good on a car other than a lambo.

just thought you might want to know.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
I don't think you can generalise and assume all designs for all cars are equal in strength. I've seen some really poor quality Lambo style door conversions.... Most of them are rubbish, in fact.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Told a guy with an Evo to remove them and put back on the standard doors before I would work on the car :)

They were completely unsafe, wouldnt open fully and would not stay in place without support.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Certainly was :D just how bad were those doors ... come to think of it the paintwork was nothing to shout about either :p

Still managed to get a mag feature, front page, lol.

·
Registered
560 Posts
I think vertical door kits serve a purpose for heavily styled show cars, (provide a bit of wow factor), but they're certainly not the sort of thing anyone should consider on a regularly used car.

I decided to fit a set to our Civic project car cos it's all about show rather than go. After looking at quite a few different kits I concluded that LSD are by far the best on the market and the only ones that anyone should consider if they really want some Lambo style hinges. That said, they're still far from perfect... The simple case of putting a big heavy door on a 2 way hinge is asking for problems.

I expect the smaller and lighter the doors are, then better and more reliable result you'd get.

Newera said:
I've seen some really poor quality Lambo style door conversions.... Most of them are rubbish, in fact.
I'll second that!! Feel really sorry for the people who have paid fortunes for such rubbish parts to be fitted.

Totalburnout said:
do lambo conversions not weigh a hell of a lot as well?
Yes they do

1 - 18 of 18 Posts