GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O.k a challenge has been laid down so basically who will win in your eyes?

the gtr is 2.7 running 1.15 bar boost with twin R34 N1 turbos and has all the mods to go along hks forgies, mines cams etc.

what do you gus reckon? the specs on the gallarados are pretty similar as well.

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
i would have though the Galardo due to aerodynamics etc. after 100mph.

Would love the GTR to win though :)

·
R35 Section manager
11,050 Posts
Bet there would be very little in that and more down to drivers skill

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
I guess 1.15 is a safe level of boost, but aren't N1s steel internal/ball bearing? If this were a real race, racing for slips, and if it were my car, I'd scramble boost to 1.4bar (if the AFMs and fuel system can handle it)....and take the easy win.

note however that my engines tend to break, although my last build had none of the supporting mods you've got. So you might not want to take my advice....but I did run 1.4bar on a stock engine (with 700cc injectors) and beat the crap out of a Maserati Coupe (one of the recent ones). Engine died the next day.

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
If its a straight road race, the Gallardo. If its through city streets, then the Skyline will kill it.

·
R35 Section manager
11,050 Posts
I guess 1.15 is a safe level of boost, but aren't N1s steel internal/ball bearing? If this were a real race, racing for slips, and if it were my car, I'd scramble boost to 1.4bar (if the AFMs and fuel system can handle it)....and take the easy win.

note however that my engines tend to break, although my last build had none of the supporting mods you've got. So you might not want to take my advice....but I did run 1.4bar on a stock engine (with 700cc injectors) and beat the crap out of a Maserati Coupe (one of the recent ones). Engine died the next day.

Would maybe give it 1.3 bar and that would nail him.

·
R35 Section manager
11,050 Posts
Surely a gt-r with that spec is good for a jaunt to 1.5 bar !!!!

Maybe, but you want the car to spool up before your competion has gone over the finish line:( :chuckle: :smokin:

·
6,821 Posts
The famous japanese GTR Magazine has inside every issue a complete test about a GTR vs rest of the world.
Once there was the Gallardo , M5, M3 CSL ex . . . .
So whats interesting in thoses reports, is which super car do the japaneses see as equal to a specific GTR (400R, S1 , R1 )ex . . . .

But I am not have time to translate all theses pages . . .:runaway:

·
Registered
243 Posts
The famous japanese GTR Magazine has inside every issue a complete test about a GTR vs rest of the world.
So whats interesting in thoses reports, is which super car do the japaneses see as equal to a specific GTR (400R, S1 , R1 )ex . . . .

Ooh. Come on... It´s christmas.... You have´nt got anything else to do...:D

Would like to see that though.....

·
Registered
610 Posts
just make sure you race it down the 1/4m, just read on the net that the gallardo 1/4 time is 12.2 so with the spec of your car surley you should beat it if you drive yours hard enough.I know of people that have just got into the high 11's running a bar of boost but you have to have no regard for your transmission to do it.6-7k launch and red line in every gear.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
If its a straight road race, the Gallardo. If its through city streets, then the Skyline will kill it.
This is very true. Whilst 'city street racing' Skylines get extra shots of naaaaaws every time they pass a lamppost - thus enabling the fortunate GT-R driver to capitalize on his Gallardo-matching power output through the tighter streets/bends and then unleash the full 1000bhp worth of extra naaaaaws that he'll have collected during the multitude of lamppost-passes that will have taken place - and once he hits a 2-mile long straight he'll have scope to hit an easy 300mph.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Im actually finding out the anwser aswell. Was trying to set up a quarter mile with a gallardo with paul.GTR34......

·
Registered
3,029 Posts

I would a scan of that even if I couldn't understand it lol!

1 - 20 of 65 Posts