GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I got a call and the owner said he wanted a Lamborghini Espada fully detailing I got very excited, I was looking forward to this for a long time, I had allowed 2 days to get done as I persumed with it being a classic it wouldnt be in a bad way, How wrong was I!!! So total time for this detail was 4 days. Here is a brief write up explaining the process and showing the improvement.

Here is the car on arrival, as you can see its covered in bad swirls and holograms due to poor machine polishing in the past.

Engine bay was cleaned

Car was snow foamed

All hard to reach areas where aggitated with a soft brush

The car was rinsed, washed using 2 bucket method and then clayed. I then brought the car in and inspected under various light sources. It didnt get any better.

I then proceeded with a 4 stage machine polish, starting off with a moderate to heavy cut and finishing with a super fine polish to give a glass like finish. Also all badges etc where removed to allow full access. I managed to really bring the flake out which really impressed the owner.

I then applied 2 coats of Swissvax Crystal Rock to leave this finish

Thank you for looking

Chris
Griffiths Detailing | Detailing | Paint Correction | Cheshire | Paint correction and Detailing Cheshire

545 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is looking very good well done.

the state of that classic wend arrived is choking!
Most spend there life in garages getting dry wiped, this destroys the paint over time. recently another "detailer" had a go at the paint and the holograms and damage are there to be seen also, add all that together and it was really bad.

·
Registered
947 Posts
sad but true there is some "detailers"out there.they shouldn't get near of any car unless car was going to a scrap yard.

545 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sad but true there is some "detailers"out there.they shouldn't get near of any car unless car was going to a scrap yard.
Tell me about it, you would be shocked at some of the work I've seen. Got something equally if not more special coming I'm very soon that's even worse

Chris

·
Registered
125 Posts
Quality work as always Chris. :thumbsup:

Gave mine its first proper clean since you did it and used the g tech on it and its come up a dream.
Keep it up buddy!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts