GTR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After having my GTR MOTed today...i got them first to check the emissions...Yup it failed...both with the decat in place and with the cat in place measurements near enough the same....I called up a mate whos quite adept with electronics...he tested my lambda and said he was 90% certain it has gone kerput...also my idle speed is high...possible due to a knackered lambda?....Now heres the interesting part he suggested and I wanted to know for those who are in the know....

Are lambda sensors universal or is there a particular modification to them to make them unique only to skylines?

He suggested because the wire setup white,white,black(Ziconia sensor) and does not include the red wire(Titania sensor) which some skylines have....Are nissan lambda sensors off say a Primera etc interchangable....also has the GTR got one or two?

Thanks for the help lads...may seem like im cutting corners but if these sensors are interchangable why pay over the odds for stuff that could be possibly used in other vehicles.....your advice is very welcome :thumbsup:

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I cant believe no one can shed any light on this...seeing lambda sensors are quite a big topic...no one got any ideas or suggestions?

·
Registered
423 Posts
there are 2 lamda sensors any lasmda sensor will work as long as its got the same amout of wires and same size sensor. could also be a faulty maf sensor as these can cause problems too

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Factory style oxygen sensors are only accurate around the 14.7 range in an older car like a GT-R.

I have never really looked into it on a factory GT-R ECU, but most dont have too much control over fuel at idle.

Your car should show big differences with and without the cat. Probably your cat is not good.

What were the results and passing levels? I do emissions on GT-R's in the US. If I can pass an FTP test, I can make nearly any GT-R pass a simple smog test.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts