GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, purchased a car for a friend and it has a so called laser jammer fitted. Has a on/off switch and led inside and 2 small black units on the front of the car. would like to find out some info about it and if its any good will fit to the r33.
Any1 have experience with these and do they work?

·
Registered
411 Posts
if i was a cop and my gun crapped out on me when i was trying to get a reading off your car, i'd definitely chase you down to find out why :)

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Theres been a thread about this before I think, just to warn you I believe they are illegal if caught on the highway. I occasionally get some junk mail through in the post trying to sell me exactly the thing your talking about. Just a heads up.

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
Very illegal, apparently your car gets flagged up if your speed is not recorded on two or more occasions. I`ve heard stories where the police then go to the owners house in the early hours to confiscate the car and pull it to bits.
If you get caught you`ll go to court and be charged with stopping a police officer carrying out his duty which the courts dont take kindly to.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thats sounds a bit extreme..
i have been reading about and a few ppl say when the warning comes up slow down and switch it off so they can then get you doing the speed limit as the guns sometimes take up to 3 goes or so to get a reading..

·
Banned
5 Posts
Hi guys, purchased a car for a friend and it has a so called laser jammer fitted. Has a on/off switch and led inside and 2 small black units on the front of the car. would like to find out some info about it and if its any good will fit to the r33.
Any1 have experience with these and do they work?
If your plate gets 2 failed reading against it you get a visit. Use the jammer to give you braking time then disable it to allow a speed reading.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts