GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nissan have changed the chief engineer in charge of Skyline development (see evo this month GTR M spec).

It would appear that they are moving the R35 towards the Grand tourer market place of the 996 ect. If this is the case then the 34 V-spec may be the last of the true uncompromising Skylines.

Any views?

·
Registered
7 Posts
We'll have to wait and see,but if the new Skyline is heavier well then that to me will spell the beginning of the end.As a comparsion (of sorts)look at how the Golf GTI got heavier over the years till it ended up an over weight slow shadow of its former self.Regards Micky

·
Banned
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree, we'll just have to wait and see.

The only good thing that will come from it will be higher second hand value's in the future!

Regards

Jamie

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
I agree too. There is so much contuiniuos talk of this and that, on engines, and looks and pretty much anything else regarding the next GTR. Japanese mags come up with a different looking cg pictures every other week...

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
547 Posts
M-spec

I wouldn't agree that Mizuno and co are turning the GT-R into a Grand Tourer (though that is what GT means :) )

Mizuno says "the M-spec is more suited to endurance races while the V-spec is better suited to short sprints where hundredths of a second mean everything."

Remember that the R32 didn't have a V-spec until later and this was to commemorate the Victories of the GT-R in racing (V-spec = Victory spec) ... the R32 V-spec basically had 4 pot Brembos and 17" wheels rather than 16" ones. Only with the R33 did the V-spec come from the start and I'm certain that the super hard ride was done so people knew they had a V-spec!

Many people here get the V-spec for the better 4WD system and then change the shocks to get more compliance in the handling.

This goes for me! The V-spec is too harsh for the road, and can even get thrown all over the place (EVO also reported this).

But you're right about the weight, for the non-V-spec cars, the R32 was 1,500kg; R33 1,530kg and 1,540kg.

The V-spec varients are 1,500kg; 1,540kg and 1,560kg.

Although in the EVO piece

·
Registered
547 Posts
V-spec

I got the Victory spec from a BBS posting (ages ago, can't recall where) from a Japanese guy who works at Nissan!

I think Victory makes more sense as:-

The R32 V-spec was released in February 1993 to celebrate the 3rd year of consecutive Gr.A wins.

In February 1994, the R32 V-spec II was released to celebrate the 4th year of consecutive Gr.A wins.

The R32 V-specs had no changes to the viscous systems, just Brembo brakes and BBS aluminium wheels with 225/50/ZR17
tyres... The V-spec II's tyre size was widened to 245/45/ZR17.

And, to pick up this trend, they weighed 20kg more than the non V-spec models :(

Cheers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts