GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like my little gathering tomorrow is going to be my last outing in the R35.
At 24 I put fun over being sensible and now two years down the line I thought it was about time to be normal and get some property. So shes going on Sunday.

Loved every minute of it but now I've got to move on.

I might get an R32 GTR in the mean time. Any R32 owners who make a last second decision to come tomorrow get a free coffee ;)

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
^ By she you mean the missus? ;)
All the best, maybe you can still come chat on a gtroc Silverstone day in your new jalopy.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No the car sadly. Women come and go even quicker than cars :p
Silverstone again sounds like a great idea, I will see how things go and what I end up with.

·
Premium Member
8,835 Posts
Fancy a proper car then ? An R33 ?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Maybe, your not shifting your vspec are you? It's likely that I wont be getting another GTR right away, but I consider all options :) You'd take the 33 over the 32 or the 34 then?

·
Premium Member
8,835 Posts
Steve, you must be more patient! I'm pretty sure I know who is going to buy your car and, when he does, I'll buy his old one off him.
LOL, me and patience :)

Wonder if we can all get togher to discuss :confused:

·
Premium Member
8,835 Posts
Just cos you an old ugly R32 LOL

·
Premium Member
8,835 Posts
LOL

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
OP, have a drive in anything before you set your heart on it.

I am a fan of the R32 because it's smaller, lighter and the most frisky (shorter wheelbase) of the RB26 models.
But they are obviously old, more physical to drive and more work than the R35 to extract less performance.
Some people call that fun, it depends on what floats your boat.

I was lucky enough to run both, but I knew when one had to go it wouldn't be the Skyline.
I do miss my Yellow R35 a bit, but I don't use my GT-R fun car very often and an RB26 car can be a lot of fun and doesn't depreciate as much as values have pretty much reached the bottom now. You just have to look after them.

For what it's worth, I think you are making the right choice.

An expensive car that soaks up cash can't compare to an appreciating asset that you'll get the benefit of for the rest of your life.

·
Premium Member
8,835 Posts
LOL, and that's why I have one of each!!!

The 33 is a driver***8217;s car and kicks ass (yours if you get it wrong)

The 35 does what it says on the tin and will probably catch you and keep you alive

I love MY R33 and have had it for 16 wonderful and painful years.

Had the R35 for 6 years and still love its kudos

·
Registered
875 Posts
Forget the house and sleep in the car - you only live once and all that.

Just kidding - its a good idea to get yourself a home base, once you're up and running with your new house you can always get another GTR easily.

It took me to 28 to get my GTR, I always wanted a decent car but kept putting it off and buying property instead, started at 20 and got a couple of houses now and main one is nearly mortgage free, its a nice feeling to have spare cash flow each month to spend on toys knowing I still got a decent roof over my families head.

Cars are money pits but property will hold/increase in value.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Steve and Rich, the never ending argument continues :p. Rich that is what I'm looking for in the next toy, something a bit more back to basics, Might even get a 106 rallye to tide me over for the time being. Did I just mention french in a Jap car forum :flame: But for the near future property investment will have to take priority, as I haven't oodles of cash for both toys and investments. Not at the moment anyway

·
Premium Member
2,528 Posts
I was 35 before I had any decent cars, ploughed all our money into a house we would never want to or need to move from.

Appreciating bricks and mortar first, there is plenty of time for depreciating metal and rubber!

·
Registered
785 Posts
LOL, and that's why I have one of each!!!

The 33 is a driver***8217;s car and kicks ass (yours if you get it wrong)

The 35 does what it says on the tin and will probably catch you and keep you alive

I love MY R33 and have had it for 16 wonderful and painful years.

Had the R35 for 6 years and still love its kudos
And yet you appear to be selling them both ! lol

·
Premium Member
8,835 Posts
Everything has price - in no hurry, but if it happens it happens !

1 - 20 of 20 Posts